Do you enjoy working on complex technical problems? Do you want to be involved in defining business strategy and solutions to ensure customer success? Does the opportunity to have a material impact on the direction of our products excite you?
The Senior Product Manager will report to the Sr. Director, Global Services & Support Product Management and will define and drive the strategy for one or more of Akamai's Services & Support products. Your goals will be to get Product/Market fit by understanding customer needs, establish requirements to guide the product engineering process and work cross-functionally to build a scalable delivery model.
To be successful, you will bring a mission-driven, results-oriented attitude and be capable of turning complex problems into actionable plans to help the business and our customers succeed. Technical aptitude, business savvy, and strong communication skills are a must for this position.
The best product managers are experts in their market, products, and business. To that end, you will track and understand industry trends, collect and analyze customer feedback, maintain a product backlog to guide product development, and prepare and deliver product-level revenue/bookings reports to guide business decisions.
* Own the product strategy and build a roadmap for your products.
* Work closely with a full cross-functional team, which includes product marketing, sales, service and support, operations, integration services, customer care, and billing, to build a scalable delivery model.
* Become a market expert by meeting with customers, studying the industry, and attending relevant industry trade-shows and sponsorship events.
* Identify and forecast market needs to inform our product strategy.
* Define requirements for, and work cross-functionally to implement, new products into Akamai's Service & Support product catalog.
* Define and manage the pricing model for your products – both the price points and the pricing structure – to deliver optimal value for our customers.
* Conduct price-sensitivity and supply-demand analyses to understand how price impacts demand for your products.
* Prepare and deliver product-level reports on revenue, bookings, upgrades, and churn to guide key business decisions.
About the Team
As part of Akamai's Global Services and Support Product Management team, you will play a key role in defining and building compelling products to provide Akamai's customers with a competitive advantage in the increasingly complex digital world.
Akamai's Service & Support business has been experiencing significant growth and we need you to help continue that trajectory.
Required Education and Experience
* Minimum 12 years of experience with a Bachelor's Degree or its equivalent.
* 5+ years of Product Management experience or closely related function, within a technology company.
* Situational fluency, ability to influence and motivate others, and perseverance to handle challenging business situations.
* Solid understanding of Product Management principles and experience being a key player in the product engineering process.
* Experience launching and growing a new product in the enterprise technology space. Desire for on-going challenges and interest in continuously learning.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to articulate complex concepts to a broad range of technical and business audiences.
* Experience in life cycle management of customer portals, control center applications or B2B service portals.