- A BBA or BE degree is required.
- Practical knowledge of new product development tools
- Requires a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience in marketing or marketing management, or engineering preferably in a manufacturing setting.
- Experience in the hard goods sector sold through industrial distributors a must.
- Must have a technical aptitude
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- An MBA with a concentration in marketing is highly desirable.
- End user focused experience is highly desired.
- Experience with new product development is desired.
- All the Insurance coverage you’d expect including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, wellness programs, 401K all effective on your date of hire, and a bonus program plus generous PTO
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- Charitable gift matching
- Associate appreciation/recognition programs
- Adoption Assistance
- Culture committed to work-life balance
- Work at a State of the Art technically advanced office building with outdoor walking trail
- Programs in place to support professional development and career growth
WORK LIFE BALANCE
- Limited travel required (up to 15%)
- Travel & expense reimbursement program
ABOUT THE JOB
The Sr. PM Security is the champion for assigned product categories and plays a pivotal role managing their portfolio as a business. To this end the ability to analyze, draw conclusions, create successful strategies, build a narrative around that strategy and influence multiple departments internally and customers and end-users externally are necessary for success.
- Develop long range strategic plan with annual updates for designated product lines and business opportunity plans as needed.
- Plan and manage new product development, launch and sustain growth: develop (NPD) objectives, strategies and timelines to maximize market share growth and profitability.
- Manage the full Lifecyle for assigned products from NPD through discontinuation and residual inventory disposition.
- Market research and consumer understanding to verify new product features, positioning and potential as well as application needs, purchase triggers, and decision making. Market research spans qualitative and quantitative from customer VOC to segmentation studies to concept testing and field trials.
- Plan product line pricing and manage profitability in line with corporate objectives.
- Collaborate with Brand Marketing to identify needs for and development of sales collateral, public relations and advertising activities.
- Research, develop and manage relationships with outside resources and vendors for technology, development and/or sourcing of products for designated product lines.
- Participate in important industry activities such as product standards development and publications.
- Train internal and external customers on products, marketing programs and business developments. Communicate regularly with field sales personnel; travel routinely to key accounts and end users.
- Respond to daily customer and field sales inquiries, requests and concerns.
- Obtain necessary organization approvals for NPD and market development activities.
- Develop library and database of relevant markets and competitors and complimentary offerings, identify and assess potential acquisitions.
Fortune Brands Doors & Security (Master Lock/Therma-Tru Doors) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low. Fortune Brands Doors & Security also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Candidates for positions with Fortune Brands Doors & Security must be able to present proof of identity and work eligibility post hire. Immigration visa sponsorship is not available for this position and accordingly this position is not appropriate for foreign students who will require sponsorship in the future, including assistance with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 extension.
To all recruitment agencies: Fortune Brands Doors & Security does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, our employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs.