What you’ll do:
As a Senior Product Manager at Schoology, we’ll ask you to evaluate the market, leverage context from prospects, customers, partners, internal stakeholders and your own experience to build and maintain a product roadmap that makes rational tradeoffs between these competing concerns.
You will also work with our product designers, product architects, and engineering teams to deliver your roadmap by building an actionable backlog of work and then supporting our engineering teams as they develop the features you’ve defined.
As part of delivery, you will also work with our marketing and customer success teams on product update communication within Schoology, to our customer base, and to the market at large.
Product responsibilities include:
Help Schoology grow as a leader in formative assessment -- assessment that helps teachers adjust student instruction to improve learning. By owning and expanding Schoology’s ability to understand what students can do, we help teachers design more impactful instruction and help school district administrators understand how they can better support their teachers.
You will work with teachers and school district administrators to create tools to efficiently gather high quality evidence of student learning and communicate data driven insights and recommendations to inform decisions for teachers and education administrators.
To succeed in the position, you will have:
- 5+ years of software product management experience
- Shipped high quality, impactful solutions that produce meaningful business results
- Experience working with cross-functional development teams (design, engineering, quality, and architecture) to define, plan and execute on roadmap initiatives
- Experience owning and developing product roadmap, with experience justifying business cases with key stakeholders
- Experience incorporating metrics/data into the planning process and measuring success
- Exceptional organizational, written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills, with the ability to quickly understand complex systems/data related issues and tradeoffs between available options
- Experience gathering customer feedback, feature requests, usage data, and market analysis and distilling it into actionable items
Bonus points for:
- Expert knowledge about what educators do to help students learn
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field