The Human Energy of S&C
Integrity, enthusiasm, sustained energy. These are the traits that S&C has always looked for and found when seeking people to join our 100% employee-owned team. S&C supports these qualities with a strong package of pay and benefits, excellent education and training programs, a challenging work environment, and broad opportunities for advancement.
Address of Location: 6601 N Ridge Blvd, IL, Chicago 60626
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Required
Relevant Work Experience Requirements: 11 to 15Year
The Sr. Product Manager-TripSaver II is responsible for the product strategy, planning, and execution throughout the product life-cycle, on a global basis and within the company’s overall strategic goals for S&C’s TripSaver II. A unique blend of business and technical savvy is vital for the role that will develop and drive the long term vision and strategy for new offerings of this exciting growth product. The position reports to the Director-Overhead Grid Automation and the location is at S&C’s Chicago headquarters in Chicago.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Create the vision and strategy for new offerings/applications for the TripSaver product line, and manage those offerings through their entire life-cycle.
- Coordinate strategy and roadmaps with the Product Manager of the existing TripSaver II product line.
- Accountable for long term product family and primary application strategies.
- Spends quality time with global customers, truly understanding their problems and needs, with a keen ability to grasp and communicate customer problems, and envision multiple creative ways to solve them.
- Must be able to fully grasp customer problems, fully grasp the customer perceived value of solving those problems, and thoroughly evaluate viable options, alternatives and new solutions to those problems.
- Responsible for developing compelling business cases for new products, and developing, prioritizing and championing new product roadmaps.
- Drive all commercial aspects of new product development, championing the voice of the customer.
- Provide sales team with the necessary technical expertise, competitive analysis, value propositions, and promotional tools to enable them to meet sales goals.
- Develop key metrics and performance indicators to measure overall product performance and success.
- Attend, participate, and speak at industry associations, trade shows, and other venues of marketing.
- Mentors Product Managers and helps develop talent within the team
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- BS degree in Engineering, business, or related field. A Masters in BA is considered a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strategic and visionary thinking.
- Strong technical background preferably with experience in medium-voltageelectrical equipment.
- Ability to prepare compelling business plans including value propositions and financial models.
- Ability to write and deliver training courses and materials.
- Strong capabilities to uncover, recognize and evaluate new solution opportunities.
- International experience is considered a plus.
- Must be willing to travel20%-30% of the time.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing: Physical demands are those normally associated with an office environment.
- Other: Frequent use of PC keyboard and mouse.