The Human Energy of S&C
Integrity, enthusiasm, sustained energy. These are the traits that S&C has always looked for and found when seeking people to join our 100% employee-owned team. S&C supports these qualities with a strong package of pay and benefits, excellent education and training programs, a challenging work environment, and broad opportunities for advancement.
Address of Location: 6601 N Ridge Blvd, IL, Chicago 60626
Education Requirements: Bachelor's Required
Relevant Work Experience Requirements: 6 to 10 Years
The Sr. Product Manager-PMG & MES is responsible for the product strategy, planning, and execution throughout the product life-cycle, on a global basis and within the company’s overall strategic goals for S&C’s Pad-Mounted Gear and Metal-Enclosed Switchgear solutions. A unique blend of business and technical savvy is vital for the role along with the ability to develop a strategic vision for our solution portfolios and the drive to make that vision a reality. The position reports to the Vice President-Underground Switching and Protection and the location is at S&C’s Chicago headquarters in Chicago.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the Pad-Mounted Switchgear and Metal-Enclosed Switchgear product and solution offerings through their entire life-cycle.
- Accountable for long term product family and primary application strategies.
- Spends quality time with global customers, truly understanding their problems and needs, with a keen ability to grasp and communicate customer problems, and envision multiple creative ways to solve them.
- Considers integration and harmonization of multiple products (S&C and external) and how they interact to form a solution.
- Leads and responsible for developing and prioritizing new product support documentation.
- Drive all commercial aspects of new product development, championing the voice of the customer.
- Provide sales team with the necessary value propositions and technical expertise to enable them to meet sales goals.
- Responsibility to review competitive information and communicate key differences.
- Provide direction to Custom Engineering for alignment of custom offerings with product strategy.
- Develop key metrics and performance indicators to measure overall product performance.
- Attend, participate, and speak at industry associations, trade shows, and other venues of marketing.
- Mentors Product Managers and helps develop talent within the team.
To select this job as one of interest to you, at a minimum, you must have the following:
- BS degree in Engineering, business, or related field. A Masters in BA is considered a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strategic and visionary thinking.
- Strong technical background preferably with experience in medium-voltageelectrical equipment.
- Ability to prepare business plans including value propositions and financial models.
- Ability to write and deliver training courses and materials.
- Strong capabilities to uncover, recognize and evaluate new solution opportunities.
- International experience is considered a plus.
- Must be willing to travel20%-30% of the time.
MAJOR PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Standing: Physical demands are those normally associated with an office environment.
- Other: Frequent use of PC keyboard and mouse.