As a Product Manager at Palo Alto Networks, you will play a key role in innovating new features and products that uniquely solve customer problems related to public clouds. You will be expected to deliver product functionality for the area of ownership that matches Palo Alto Networks’ level of innovation found throughout the product. You will be mostly involved with the public cloud focused security offerings through all stages of the product life cycle managing strategic planning, feature selection and tactical activities. You must also be a self-starter, keen to learn and experiment with new technologies, be able to work independently and as a team player, identify sales needs and address them as needed. The job requires approximately 10-15 percent travel.
- Ownership of public cloud roadmap for the VM-Series next generation virtual firewall and automation solutions to secure public cloud deployments at scale. This includes managing the associated feature set including feature prioritization and tradeoff decision making.
- As the subject matter expert, help customers, channel partners, and system engineers with product related questions and hands-on technical training.
- Understanding key customer problems, requirements development and ensuring feature/product is build right to solve the key problems
- Establish technical leadership and work very closely with the public cloud partners to build innovative solutions to secure workloads in public cloud environments
- Collaborating with Product Marketing to create product related sales and marketing materials; evangelizing the products and product strategy both internally and externally
- Work with your Technical Marketing Engineer to help customers, channel partners, and system engineers with product related questions and hands on technical training.
- Ability to work effectively with all areas of the organization, from business development, engineering to sales
- Customer engagement and relationship development for product evangelism, and requirements gathering
- Minimum 3-5 years in product management or equivalent and a proven experience of taking ownership and delivering on full product life cycle.
- Must have hands-on experience with one or more public clouds such as AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Must have experience with some of thepublic cloud features such as VPC networking, routing, auto-scaling, serverless computing,containers etc.
- Experience with scriptinglanguages (Node.js or Python), templates (CFT, ARM, YAML, or Terraform), and API-based automation/orchestration is highly desired.
- Experience with private cloud environments and hypervisors including VMware vSphere/NSX, and KVM is a plus.
- Must have prior experience delivering technical product training, producing technical collaterals, and presenting to customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- BS/MS or equivalent experience is required.