Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Sr. PRODUCT MANAGER –TERADATA PLATFORMS
This is your opportunity to be a core part of the team that defines and delivers next generation of Teradata analytics platform. Teradata is the world’s leading data warehousing and Big Data organization and has embarked on an exciting journey to build and deliver the industry’s highest performing data warehousing and analytics offerings. Today, some of the largest and cutting-edge companies run their applications on our industry-leading software & hardware infrastructure. Teradata is building next-gen high performance advanced analytics, AI & Machine-Learning capabilities & deliver using new age business models.
Summary: As Teradata builds solutions for AI/ML & Data Lake workloads, customers are looking for a high performance, resilient platform experience. The Teradata Product Management team is seeking a candidate with strong business skills, coupled with strong product management experience in Data Center Hardware & Software. This role will actively engage with Customers, Sales, Engineering, Product Marketing teams to understand market trends, build strong business cases & lead the product planning & delivery. Product Managers are the P&L owners of their products and services, and are responsible for defining, prioritizing, planning and driving the execution of the vision for their product lines.
• Drive new capabilities/features or services for Teradata Platform offerings around IntelliBase & help shape the direction of emerging use-cases with IntelliFlex products.
• Work with Storage & Server vendors to evaluate emerging technology and help engineering identify right vendors & technology to build next-gen offerings.
• Engage with customers to understand their needs, evolve product requirements and be the “voice of the customer” in the product planning process
• Be an Agile champion: Introduce product themes, prioritize requirement using business metrics, manage backlogs, develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories.
• Work with engineering to define the exit criteria & prepare for product readiness for delivery.
• Pricing & Bundling: Drive pricing strategy, define meters & price-point and course correct steady state pricing of existing offerings.
• Work closely with Product Marketing, Support, Professional Services, Sales and Operations to define the go-to-market plan and product collateral such as product descriptions, presentations, sales tools and technical white papers.
• Create and deliver sales training for the direct sales force as well as partner sales forces and technical services and support teams.
• Represent Teradata at various industry events, conferences and internal forums
• MBA preferred with 5+ years of Product Management experience building data center products & taking them to market.
• BS in Computer Science with 5-8 years of experience building products in Enterprise Data Center space.
• Pre-sales or marketing experience a plus.
This position is located in San Diego, CA. This fast-paced high tech environment is perfect for individuals seeking to exercise innovation and out-of-the-box thinking to move our bleeding-edge technologies and product strategies forward.