Cross River is a highly profitable fast-growing financial technology company recognized for the third year in a row by CB Insights as one of the 250 best global fintechs. Our comprehensive suite of innovative products powers financial solutions with a strong focus on regulatory compliance for our partners and their millions of consumers around the world.
What we’re looking for
PeerIQ is hiring a Senior Product Manager to support future development of our credit risk analytics platform. This hire will be responsible for tracking market and customer needs, setting our product roadmap, developing and prioritizing new functionality, and managing build to plan (along with our tech team). You will work side-by-side with senior executives contributing to product management execution. Finally, this role has significant external potential to evangelize the platform, engage with clients and prospects, and support product marketing efforts.
You are an accomplished product leader, with experience leading end-to-end enterprise SaaS product development processes and have managed small teams. You have a clear vision of how to build insight-oriented solutions that are held to the standard of the best enterprise apps in the market. You are a highly-organized and multi-talented problem solver. You thirst for a critical company role in product management affording significant responsibility and room to grow. Familiarity with fixed income/whole loan analytics, structured products, or risk management is a plus.
- Set product roadmap and prioritize features based on commercial priorities and market feedback. Perform business case analysis and apply a data-driven approach to developing innovative, industry-leading products that help our customers
- Own end-to-end delivery of product features including: preparing user stories, wireframes and mock-ups, managing technical teams (engineering, design, data) through the software development lifecycle
- Lead and manage product management routines including defining sprints, gathering stakeholder feedback across product development lifecycle
- Drive accountability, best practices and routines with the engineering team largely by influence, persuasion, and setting an inspiring vision. Generate reports summarizing product usage and project status.
- Stay on top of industry news such as consumer credit performance, macro trends, and competitive dynamics. Synthesize market information to develop the business case for new products, guide improvement and iteration of existing products, and prepare marketing collateral including webinar and conference presentations
- A/B.S. in a related field (C.S., Finance, Engineering)
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Working experience in at least one of the following subject domains: capital markets, structured finance, consumer credit risk, or fixed income.
- Ownership mentality. You are excited to take on full responsibility and drive vision, strategy, and metrics for your product, and create alignment throughout internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven track record of product launches where you have taken a product from concept to launch, including development product vision, defining product strategy, creating product roadmaps, timelines, and milestones, contributing UI/UX decisions, and engaging in technical discussions.
- Strong product management skills. Familiarity with project management tools (JIRA, Atlassian, Asana, etc.) is preferred.
- Strategic thinking skills. Ability to translate high-level commercial vision to quarterly objectives, monthly product roadmaps, and ultimately down to the engineer/task level.
- A voracious learner with a fast ability to learn. High intellectual curiosity, thoughtful, and pragmatic. Entrepreneurial and flexible mindset.
- Firm grasp of development methodologies such as Agile, Scrum or other project execution frameworks. You should be able to explain what an API is and how it can be used, be comfortable with the inspect console of Google Chrome, and understand how web applications use databases.
- Polished oral communication skills. You should be able to perform a demo or webinar and “tell a story” based on client or market data
- Strong writing skills. Ability to prepare whitepapers describing methodologies, product features, and value proposition.
- Strong sense of design and aesthetic sensibilities. You have informed views on UI/UX best practices and can offer recommendations on subtle design choices or user experience frameworks
- Ability to develop rapport while driving accountability with stakeholders - especially engineers