Senior Product Manager, Paid Social Media
The Advertising Technology Product team builds the global engine for the world’s leading online home destination that powers our customer acquisition and retention efforts touching more than a billion consumers.
The social media senior product manager will own the roadmap and execution around Wayfair’s technology platform that manages planning, execution, and experimentation for paid and organic social media programs, with a strong focus on advertising. This includes major partnerships with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and other social leaders.
In addition to collaborating with Engineering and Data Science to specify and build products, the PM will tightly partner with Marketing channel leaders to understand their business goals as they relate to paid and organic social. The PM should be a product athlete, fluent in Agile and leading frameworks, with a long history of successfully designing and launching B2B products.
This position is currently 100% remote through mid-2021. After that time, it can be based in Boston or Berlin, or in other US cities with a 25% monthly on-site presence in Boston.
- Own product development and roadmaps for Wayfair’s paid and organic social media marketing platform.
- Partner with Marketing stakeholders to deeply understand their businesses and co-develop potential solutions to supercharge growth, improve marketing efficiency, and increase automation.
- Work with external vendors such as Facebook and Pinterest to fully leverage their capabilities, identify breakthrough opportunities, and resolve operational issues. Determine how to get them the most relevant Wayfair data to better power personalization and targeting.
- Collaborate with product leads on display advertising, paid search, and other channels to ensure we’re building the right capabilities in the right place.
- Use Agile processes to collaborate with Engineering and Data Science to execute on the roadmap while harnessing the power of emerging technologies.
- Work with larger Ad Tech team to ensure tight technological and strategic alignment with Wayfair’s overall platform.
- Communicate and evangelize the product vision and progress throughout Wayfair from C-level stakeholders on down.
- Develop and monitor OKRs for key product initiatives and ensure alignment with stakeholder objectives.
- Work with leadership to improve product craft and processes throughout the extended Ad Technology and Customer Intelligence team.
Skills / Experience
- 3+ years building adtech or martech products with focus on paid social media. Additional experience as a social media marketer or analyst designing and running campaigns a plus. Organic social media experience is a plus, but not sufficient by itself.
- Solid understanding of the mechanics of social media advertising and organic social, with hands-on work with Facebook tools and products. Experience with other market leaders such as Pinterest and Twitter a big plus.
- Builder mentality -- you think in terms of customer problems and technology solutions, and have demonstrated success in creating business-focused products, not just maintaining the work of others.
- 5+ years in B2B software/SaaS product management with exposure to the full lifecycle from concept to launch and beyond, with a full toolbox of PM tools relating to ideation, solution design, Agile methods, and stakeholder management.
- Sufficient technical literacy to both understand the underpinnings of products to make key decisions as well as effectively communicate with engineers and data scientists.
- Knowledge of the adtech/martech vendor space, key players, and how ads flow through the ecosystem of three-letter acronyms.
- Work in e-commerce, either for large online retailers or for technology service providers, a strong plus.
- Solid SQL data wrangling skills and ability to create data stories and reports with visualization tools such as Looker. Experience calling APIs using Python or other languages a plus.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills at the senior leadership level.
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude.
- A “no excuses” mentality that pushes through issues with creative solutions and tenacity, while maintaining a grace-under-pressure demeanor.