Who we’re looking for:
The On-Demand Owner Experience Product Manager is responsible for the initial conversion and ongoing retention of pet owners engaged in Rover’s assignment-based consumer marketplace, including our on-demand dog walking service. As an internal expert on our owners, you deeply understand user pain points and are an expert at A/B testing, funnel optimization, and hypothesis-driven design. You will partner closely with Engineering, Design, Analytics, and with owner-focused Operations teams across the organization.
This role will focus on three things
1. Optimizing the owner acquisition funnel for Rover’s assignment marketplace, including our on-demand dog walking service2. Executing initiatives and developing features to drive owner engagement andretention3. Defining a framework for identifying and measuring owner segments, and recommending and testing acquisition programs focused on growing key segments
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of Product management experience, with 8+ years of tech industry experience.
- Passion for measuring and driving customer engagement and retention.
- Experience developing Internet products and technologies.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities.
- Understanding of Marketplaces and trends in the ‘Sharing Economy’.
- Very comfortable with SQL, Google Analytics, Tableau or other data visualization tools
Why We'll Hire You
- You can go get the data you need with and can whip it into an insightful story with no help.
- You know how to leverage data to make decisions and drive growth.
- You have experience running rigorous multivariate testing.
- Above all, you seek the truth. You know your market, customers and competition better than anyone, and you excel at integrating this information into your strategies.
- You’re biased toward action, a great collaborator, and master disambiguator/simplifier.
- You never stop pushing towards clarity and delivery.
- You are scary-good at articulating the essence of products and the value they create. You can develop clear messaging and an effective content strategy plan. Sometimes, you may even play copywriter.
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- You have a true passion for Rover’s mission and values.