We deliver the possibilities of data. YOU define what's possible.
We create environments for your data to thrive. Everywhere data lives, we're there to drive the innovation necessary for results today and the future you'll create tomorrow. New devices, new systems, new solutions, all optimized and tuned to create the right conditions for your data to realize its full potential.
We have an exciting position within our Business Unit focused on providing platforms and systems level storage solutions as we support our Customer's success and growth. WD is designing, manufacturing, integrating and selling innovative storage enclosures and related products that leverage our industry-leading devices including HDDs and SSDs. We are a creative team with a passion for enabling our Customers to deploy solutions that enhance data center performance and efficiencies.
In this position, you will be responsible for managing the OpenFlex™ product line from inception and ideation through design, build, launch, growth, enhancement and end of life. You will be working closely with our strong team of Sales professionals to educate them on the value of our solutions as well as become an advocate for key Customers who may be looking for additional features and functionalities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You will work within Western Digital cross-functionally to manage and communicate effectively as you lead our efforts to create new differentiated solution offerings. Primary functional interfaces include Sales, Product Development/Engineering, Business Operations (Forecasting and Pricing), Product Marketing and Customer Service and Support.
You will be responsible for:
- Creating innovative market and product requirements documents (MRD & PRD) for next generation and/or new products.
- Development and execution of the product roadmap.
- Development of business case analysis to support investments in new products and enhancements from business analysis with subject matter experts and customers.
- Identification of new market or segment opportunities, product enhancements, and line extensions.
- Development of strategy and documentation to support the approval, design, development and launch of the product.
- Identification, specification and prioritization of features, functionality and capabilities.
- Managing product revenue and margin, establish product pricing, monthly forecasting and contribute to business plans.
- Monitoring of the marketplace, customers and competitors. Definition and implementation of strategies to counter competitors.
- Being an expert in the product and keeping up to date with technological advances.
- Facilitating development and implementation of high impact and differentiated product positioning and messaging.
- Facilitating development of high impact sales tools.
- Development of sales and channel training materials to educate the sales force about products and solutions.
- Joint presentations with sales for key customers.
- Develop strong customer relationship with strategic OEM accounts in the market. Marshal the management, marketing, and engineering resources of the business unit to ensure success.
- Evangelizing the product at industry events, seminars and customer briefings.
- Representing Product Management in core team meetings and decision making.
- Proven experience (3-5 years or more) in a Product Management or Technical Marketing role with deep involvement with system-level solutions and products.
- Strong background (8-10 years) in data center storage and related technology with specific experience in NVMe storage and networking technology as a development engineer, applications engineer, product line manager or in a technical marketing or program management position.
- Excellent business acumen related to business case development, market and financial analysis, competitive analysis and support requirements for field sales.
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with Sales, Engineering, Business Operations, Product Marketing and Customer service and support.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills as well as ability to effectively present at all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in EE, Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred, a degree in Marketing or a related field with a technical focus will also be considered. MBA would be a plus.
- Previous experience in product development, product management and/or technical marketing is required.
- Previous experience with NVMe storage is required.
- Previous experience with network connectivity requirements for storage applications is required.
- Previous experience with applications and configuration preferences for hyper-converged storage solutions is preferred.
- ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL
- Western Digital Corporation is the world's largest data storage company with a leading portfolio of HGST, SanDisk, G-Technology and WD brands covering flash and disk-based solutions. Deployed by the largest and most prominent organizations worldwide, Western Digital solutions are everywhere, touching lives and enabling great value from the data they possess.