In this role, you’ll work on new product features that increase subscriber engagement across the Cooking product. Initially, you’ll be responsible for Cooking’s activation work, where you’ll build a roadmap for how to develop habit early on so that users stay engaged as subscribers. Examples of projects in this area include: increasing subscriptions to our newsletters, promoting the usage of our app and core features, and helping users find content to save to their recipe box for future cooking. In the future, you’ll have the opportunity to work on a range of other areas focused on subscriber engagement, such as building new features focused on increasing community between users and our food journalists. You will partner closely with design, engineering, data, research, newsroom, and other engagement teams within the company to guide these product initiatives to launch.
What You'll Do
- Drive the activation strategy and execution for NYT Cooking, rooted in an understanding of our users’ needs and product offering
- Collaborate with engineering, design, project, data, editorial and your fellow product managers to define and execute on a roadmap
- Document product requirements through briefs, define research objectives, and prioritize development work to drive the product development lifecycle in partnership with other functions
- Advocate for the user always, conducting user research and build the team's understanding of subscriber needs
- Be a spokesperson for your product area
- Stay curious and informed about market and follow industry trends
You Should Apply If You
- Have experience working with user retention and engagement
- Have experience leading and communicating with cross-functional teams (engineering, design, data), defining roadmaps, and developing successful products
- Are curious and empathetic, have experience identifying user needs and delivering value
- Can create hypothesis-driven work informed by data and product sense
- Have experience setting goals, evaluating tradeoffs and can rally a team towards a vision and outcome
- Have 2+ years of product management experience
- Are passionate about food or cooking!
- Have worked on B2C subscription products
- Have worked on product onboarding or activation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Comfortable working with remote teammates.