About the Role
We believe that the world will become drastically more programmable in the next few years. At Lob, our goal is to build APIs for businesses to increase the connectivity between the online and offline worlds. Companies like Booking.com, Twitter, and Betterment use Lob’s APIs to interface physically with their customers. One in four households in the USA has received mail through Lob, and our infrastructure handles millions of requests per day.
This role will report directly to Lob’s co-founder, Harry, and be responsible for owning the product strategy, vision, and roadmap for our Address Verification API product. The Address Verification product is Lob’s second flagship API and a key piece to achieving Lob’s company goals for 2020 and beyond. We’ve processed nearly a billion addresses and achieved important certifications with USPS. Our goal is to be the source of truth for all address data worldwide and you’ll shape Lob’s approach to aggressively grow market share in both the domestic and international address verification market.
Product managers at Lob are passionate about shaping the product roadmap at a dynamic and fast-growing startup, working closely with a world-class engineering team to deliver product, and interacting across teams at Lob and directly with customers to drive continuous improvements.
As the Senior Product Manager for New Product Development, you’ll…
- Identify, prioritize, and deliver product improvements to drive revenue and customer growth.
- Be the domain expert for your product with a complete understanding of how customer feedback, competitive drivers, and market dynamics shape your product’s direction.
- Leverage adoption metrics as well as meetings with customers, prospects, and Lob’s field organization to develop a perspective on how your product is being used and on where to take the product next.
- Think strategically to ensure that your product roadmap supports Lob’s overall company objectives. Articulate and validate your roadmap both internally and externally.
- Translate your product roadmap into prioritized user stories and detailed specs. Drive comprehensive UI and API design, working closely with designers to build and test UI wireframes and interactive prototypes.
- Collaborate closely with Lob’s engineering team to execute product plans in an iterative and timely manner.
- Help drive field enablement for new feature releases, as well as core positioning and messaging for your product.
- Drive process improvements that benefit the product management team at large.
For this role, we’re looking for...
- 4+ years of relevant product management experience at world-class organizations.
- 6+ years of overall product development experience, including prior hands-on experience as a software developer.
- Proven ability to motivate, lead, and collaborate with product design, engineering, and other cross-functional teams.
- Prior experience building or working with APIs.
- Strong product design skills, from both a technical API and user interface design perspective.
- Experience transforming product strategy into well-articulated design specs, as well as using both quantitative and qualitative data to inform product direction and priorities.
- Extraordinary written and oral communication skills, with an ability to handle both executive-level discussions and functional deep dives with engineering.
- Fantastic problem-solving abilities, analytical horsepower, an attention to detail, and a willingness to do whatever it takes from an execution perspective.
- Passion for the vision, market and opportunity that Lob is pursuing.