Req ID: JR-0000036317Apply for this Job
At Upthere we are developing the next-generation of cloud services and software making all your digital stuff accessible, engaging and safe from anywhere and any device. As a member of our talented team, you will define, develop and launch products that touch the lives of millions of people. At Upthere, we hire the best, operate with the freedom and innovation of a startup,
and are backed by the resources, scale and market leadership of Western Digital a Fortune 500 company.
We’re looking for an experienced and entrepreneurial consumer software Product Manager to help innovate and execute key product initiatives across the company. You will influence the product vision and build out completely new capabilities into our cloud services offering. You’ll analyze data, understand user behavior, identify trends, craft product strategies, define products, lead cross functional programs, measure results and drive product implementation
and rollout. This position is based in our downtown Redwood City, CA office.
- Define short-to-medium term strategy for evolving our personal cloud services (SaaS) based on customer personas and use cases and identifying new areas of growth
- Collaborate with engineering and design teams to ship new, impactful features (e.g. new consumer mobile video offerings), including preparing the necessary technical specs, coordinating development activity and tracking progress of in process projects
- Work closely with marketing and customer service to deeply understand, analyze and synthesize user needs into product priorities, roadmap plans and detailed specifications
- Process, review and interpret qualitative and quantitative data on competition, customers, usage / metrics to uncover new product insights and drive engagement
- Build cross functional relationships and manage complex, cross functional projects across multiple teams
- BS in computer science or another technical major
- 8+ years experience as a software and SaaS Product Manager
- Consumer & mobile experience is critical? experience with consumer video a plus
- Launched multiple products in cloud services that have scaled to millions of users
- Deep understanding and empathy for users / user experience
- Experience working on platform SDK and with 3rd party developers a plus
- Ability to analyze and use data to inform decisions? strategic, product minded thinker
- Proven ability to lead teams and work cross functionally in a highly collaborative environment? experience with scrum and other Agile development methods is important
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance? comfortable dealing with ambiguity
- A passion for building great enduser experiences that deliver real value without complexity.