As a Senior Product Manager at Mitchell you will own a product line and work on all aspects of the software development of new features/enhancements and develop go-to market plans for the Casualty Solutions Group product suite. You will be responsible for creating a vision for our customer-focused user experiences, inspiring others to support your vision, and ultimately delivering products and services that are known for their robust and innovative capabilities.
Develops specific marketing plans and activities for specific product(s) or product line(s) to establish, enhance or distinguish product placement within the competitive arena. Develops business plans and product positioning in the marketplace. Oversees market research, monitors competitive activity and identifies customer needs. Establishes pricing strategies. Works with engineering and sales to develop new products or enhance existing product(s) or product line(s).
- Conduct customer, market, and competitive analysis to identify industry trends and unmet user needs.
- Gather business requirements from a variety of sources, such as customers and account managers, prioritize these requirements as part of the overall product roadmap, and work with the development, architecture, and user experience teams to build and enhance great solutions.
- Prepare and present business cases and plans as necessary to justify proposed solutions and business investments.
- Stay up to date on the latest technology and market trends and co-author white papers, marketing materials, and industry articles that will enhance Mitchell's thought leadership.
- Employee is expected to be highly self-directed in identifying and prioritizing deliverables in order to meet internal and external commitments.
- Provide overall product management by defining requirements, conveying release and project visions/goals, and approving developed functionality.
- Prioritize and order functionality based on business value.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Information Systems, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- Requires a minimum of 8+ years of relevant work experience.
- Must have demonstrated excellent business judgment and strategic aptitude.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills with attention and focus on detail.
- Must be a quick learner with superior verbal and written communication and presentations skills.
- Experience conducting market research and identifying business development opportunities required.
- The ability to interact and form trusting relationships with internal and external customers from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
- Position may require up to 10% travel.18-8239