Careers that Change Lives
The US Downstream Senior Product Manager
will lead the execution of the overall strategy for the Acute Ischemic Stroke portfolio and support the success of the fastest growing business unit in Medtronic, serving a several billions market. Use your leadership skills to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to delight our customers and ensure we address their unmet needs. Leverage your strong product management and downstream marketing capabilities to differentiate and win against competition to achieve financial and business goals.
Become a member of Medtronic's Neurovascular Operating Unit, a business positively impacting the lives of a patient every 3 minutes. This is a chance to take on significant leadership responsibilities for a business that is driving innovation to shape the future of health care for stoke patients in need.
Impact patient outcomes. Come for a job, stay for a career.
Medtronic Neurovascular develops and markets medical technology, services and solutions to treat patients afflicted with Acute Ischemic and Hemorrhagic Stroke worldwide.
This position is based in Irvine, CA and is not open to remote. Please note that this group working in the office during Covid.A Day in the Life
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Execute new product launches in your portfolio. Including effective product positioning focusing on customer unmet needs and benefits vs. other products, optimized pricing strategy, targeted launch cascade based on customer segmentation and smart promotion activities
- Lead launch efforts for new products. Create and execute communication plan and promotion strategy. Identify customer segments and create targeting prioritization
- Develop competitive strategies and tactics to grow market share
- Maintain product, competitive product, and market knowledge dissemination to the sales group and senior management
- Establish and maintain active and collaborative relationships with customers and sales personnel
- Work closely with Sales training and Med Ed to implement marketing plans
- Represents US region as primary contact for downstream marketing activities for assigned product lines
- Prepare forecasts and short-range budget for product lines
- Collaborate with global marketing partner to develop business plans and drive/support regional business results through collaboration on launches, regulatory approvals, training and other region specific needs.
- Participate in cross functional teams to ensure collaboration, alignment and full integration of all disciplines required to support successful plan execution and achievement of results
- Provide support and lead marketing initiatives during regional society meetings and customer experience programs
- Travel requirement: 25- 50%
To be considered, these minimum qualifications must be evident on your resume.
Nice to Have
- Bachelors degree required
- 7+ years of relevant experience in marketing, product management or similar with Bachelor's degree, 5+ years of experience with a Master's degree
- 3+ years of marketing experience required
- Master's degree/MBA in Business, Marketing or related field
- Strong knowledge of the global healthcare and market devices market
- Self-driven, adaptable, open-minded and collaborative attitude
- Motivation to make an impact and change patients' life for the better
- Passion for marketing and for team collaboration
- Curiosity and open mind to learn and improve
- Adaptability and ability to raise fast after a failure
- Strategic and analytical thinker
- Skills in financial analysis, and forecasting
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills in a fast-moving environment.
- Success in developing relationships with customers and industry KOLs
- Proven ability to work in, lead, and motivate cross-functional teams
- Strong computer skills, including word-processing, spreadsheets, e-mail and the effective use of presentation software
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile.
- The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers.
Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)