Industry: Accounting, Finance & Insurance•
Less than 5 years
Posted 180 days ago
This Senior Product Manager will have the skills and experience to manage product owners, while also functioning as a product owner, to support projects for Individual Investor's digital experience. In this role, you will work directly with our development and business teams to manage and delegate the discovery, analysis, and documentation of requirements for development projects, and sprint-to-sprint prioritization of work. This position is based in our Chicago office.
• Passion for investing and helping individuals reach their desired investing goals.
• Understand, adopt and drive Morningstar’s Agile Scrum framework.
• Gain a deep understanding of Morningstar.com’s core customers and generate ideas that provide value to individual investors, including content, research, data and tools.
• Contribute to product strategy, incorporating business objectives and delivering value to retail investors.
• Communicate long-term vision and short-term commitments to key internal stakeholders.
• Research, write, create artifacts to communicate product strategies and roadmaps for use by squads, management, and key internal stakeholders.
• Develop business cases to create, evaluate and communicate product strategies.
• Collaborate with engineers, designers and user research.
• Define and communicate product level KPIs and goals.
• Foster a culture of teamwork, collaboration and constructive debate.
• A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree or equivalent preferred.
• At least four to five years of product management experience required. Knowledge and experience with Agile software development and technical acumen are key.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and passion for investments, including stocks, funds and ETFs.
• Ability to communicate and commit to timelines for product delivery.
• Management or team leadership experience in an Agile environment
• Interest in and focus on building innovative software that users love.
• Strong problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment while delivering high-quality work.
• Ability to lead team decision-making processes and foster an environment of teamwork.
• Excellent oral and written communication, technical, planning, and analytical skills.
• Self-directed and detail-oriented.