Position at Gogo Business Aviation
As a Gogo Business Aviation Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for defining and developing innovative, differentiated, best-in-class products, leveraging deep customer insights and knowledge of the competitive landscape. You will own the product strategy, planning, and execution throughout the product lifecycle. This includes developing business cases based on solid technical and analytical justifications, preparing roadmaps, and interfacing with business stakeholders and engineering to define and drive feature requirements from conception to completion among other tasks. You will work with many teams and lead the organization to realize our business goals.
COME ON BOARD OUR PRODUCT MANAGEMENT TEAM!
How will you make a difference?
- Develop and manage the product strategy and roadmap, working with stakeholders and senior management to plan and prioritize product deliverables and schedules
- Prepare product requirements that address the objectives of the company, competitive outlook, industry direction, resource constraints, timeline, etc.
- Lead cross-functional teams with respect to requirements interpretation, product decisions, specification reviews, customer satisfaction issues, and scheduling
- Manage the product backlog
- Evaluate the impact of trade-off decisions between programs and capabilities
- Clearly communicate product development updates, risks, and issues to stakeholders and senior management
- Maintain a high attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair company’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical objectives
- Develop and deliver technical and business presentations and training
- BA/BS in Business, engineering or Computer Science, ideally with an MBA
- 7-10 years of product management with software and hardware projects
- Experience in telecommunications, networking or aviation industries are a must.
Required skills, talents and experience
- Passionate about beautifully designed and highly functional hardware/software application experiences
- Experience managing products through their entire lifecycle with a track record of successful delivery of multiple software/SaaS products
- Able to design innovative features and cohesive products from analytics, have an eye for details, and focus on users, results, and business goals
- Demonstrated experience in identifying customer and business problems, crafting the product vision, writing clear/concise requirements with consideration for the end-to-end experience, and leading the execution team to deliver on time and on budget
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts and manage trade-offs
- Experienced in SAFe/Agile development processes and acting as the Product Manager/Product Owner for Sprint teams
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Highly organized, even in a rapidly changing environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, presentation skills, strong work ethic, and self-motivated
- Effective in cross-functional team environments
- Fun and energetic personality
Preferred skills, talents and experience
- Experience in embedded software and hardware projects
- Understand of Lean Problem Solving and Operational Excellence
Gogo’s worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse group of technologists, marketers, strategists, and any other function you can think of- all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning.