As a Senior Product Manager, you will use insights derived from numerous data sources and a touch of your own strategic thought processes to anticipate and precisely zero-in on improvement opportunities. The travel marketplace evolves quickly and requires a continued understanding of trends and new technologies to continuously align with consumer preferences and risk management strategies.
Candidates must be innovative and comfortable with Payments Processing, Risk Management Concepts, and the Agile process. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate his/ her ability to craft a vision, define products, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We aim to release products often with constant iteration and reliance on quantitative and qualitative metrics to define our roadmap. We are a lean team and there is no job too big or too small. Some days you will be planning for the next quarter, and other days you will be diving into database records or inspecting API responses to help the development team troubleshoot an issue.
This role reports to the Vice President of Finance Operations and will work closely with the Payment and Fraud operations teams as well as several Engineering teams to bring Finance product offerings to market.
- Lead product development initiatives utilizing user and competitive research, business case development, scoping, and all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Define product specifications, establish milestones, and manage quality assurance activities for a cross-functional team.
- Define success metrics for new projects and track daily performance for existing products to ensure the team is moving towards defined goals.
- Work with the design team to improve the UI that articulates the product vision.
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose, and recommend solutions to complex business and technical problems.
- Prioritize a backlog for a dedicated scrum team and report back to the organization on team performance.
- Continuously propose new A/B experiments to improve conversion, mitigate risk, and enhance user engagement.
- 5+ years of consumer-facing and/or payments prodcut management, or related experience.
- 3-5 years of data analysis experience.
- Strong analytical skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend action plans to resolve issues.
- An understanding of the eCommerce Payments landscape and experience optimizing conversion and risk management objectives.
- A self-starter who is confident and able to move projects forward with little direction.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills – from product specifications, to JIRA tickets, to stakeholder presentations.
- Equal enthusiasm for high-level strategic planning and tactical daily execution.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results driven environment with multiple responsibilities.
- Humility; a constant desire to grow and learn.
- Must be organized, positive, proactive, results-oriented, with excellent communication and problems solving skills.
- Strong proficiency in SQL (Oracle).
- Proven analytical ability and strong proficiency in Excel and/or Tableau.
- Capability to validate and accurately explain results of analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, economics, or quantitative field.
- Passion for innovation and excellence.
- Experience working in travel is useful. Passion for travelrequired!
- Experience in Merchant Payment Processing, Consumer Risk Mitigation, or related disciplines.
- Hands-on experience with industry leading analytical tools (e.g., Tableau).
- Experience in developing and implementing new optimization and/ or control processes.
- History of strategic re-engineering and process improvement.
- Capability to validate and explain trends and impact on financial performance.
- MBA with focus in Finance, Information Systems.