The Product Manager Sr. in the Finance organization is responsible for delivering new and/or improved business technology solutions that support both short and long term business strategy. This individual understands the importance of rationalized process in a technology implementation and will develop a deep understanding of the company’s end-to-end business processes and how they relate to technology. This person is highly self-motivated, results-oriented and committed to providing outstanding service every day.
Product Management is responsible for making sure we build the right products and features for our customers and business. To accomplish that, this role will help liaison for the Finance Capability with other product management groups on their initiatives as well as lead efforts for the Finance Capability.
- Manage the overall business requirements, process design documentation and deliverables, leveraging enterprise practices and tools, in alignment with industry best practices
- Engage key business partners and lead discussions to develop the vision for, and ensure all critical business process aspects are considered and developed to support the business solutions
- Define project/initiative success criteria and business metrics to measure results, including confirming that results meet stated business requirements
- Create, drive and own the product roadmap for assigned products with the product management and capability leaders
- Effectively communicate and advocate the overall capability product strategy and vision, as well as goals and objectives for specifically assigned initiatives
- Develop a strong collaborative working partnership with technology development team, other product managers, and technology managers to manage dependencies on cross-team projects
- Support and maintain key communication of project status with leadership and other key business and technology partners
- Collaborate on investment planning efforts on a yearly and half yearly basis to evaluate funding needs, submit plan and manage to the plan
- Leverage agile project management disciplines for planning and execution of critical business milestones, design, development, testing and deployment efforts
- Partner with stakeholders to develop appropriate change management strategy and training materials to ensure successful uptake and adoption of new tools and processes
- Gracefully accept feedback from leaders, stakeholders and maintain flexibility as product requirements and priorities evolve
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience of product management experience, with Finance experiencepreferred.
- Bachelors’ degree in accounting, math, statistics, finance, economics, or related quantitative discipline is preferred.
- Skill in representing the product roadmap, explaining prioritization trade-offs
- Ability to collect data, establish facts, assess results, and draw sound conclusions
- Ability to define, measure and analyze processes to identify improvement opportunities.
- Technical background and understanding of software development principals.
- Proven ability to build and identify important relationships cross-functionally with peers, stakeholders, and leadership across areas such as Analytics, Engineering and Finance on behalf of the strategic goals of Finance.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and analytics tools
- Willingness to roll-up-sleeves and help in
- Confidence to question the status quo and believe in leading effective change
- Ability to multi-task