The Sr. Product Manager will be the product owner of the electronic prior authorization (ePA) program, responsible for the strategic roadmap and multiple initiatives in support of the ePA program, as well as other integration with otherdigital product initiatives across the physician experience organization.
A critical aspect of this role is prioritizing and implementing strategic product initiatives through managing and prioritization of the IT Agile releaseschedule and product backlog. To be successful in this role, the product owner must have close collaboration with our CRD operations team, our reporting teams in Operations Analytics, our Clinical product teams and our Clinical operations teams. Additionally, this role requires relationship management for key external vendor partners.
The electronic prior authorization program has a goal to drive 90% adoption by December of 2018. Key to driving this adoption is cross functional engagement with our clients, primarily through our health plan account teams. Idea generation in coordination with our marketing team to generate market awareness and to drive prescriber adoption is a key aspect of getting us to our 90% goal. ePA is a very strategic project with high level visibility in the organization. This candidate must be well organized and have the ability to think strategically, work independently at times and drive projects through the organization.
- Collaborate with ePA partners to understand where ePA is adopted, where it is not adopted and getting prescribers to use ePA
- Develop new product ideas/ concepts / strategies that help drive market movement towards ePAchannels
- Coordinate cross-functionally to launch improvements in the ePA process, in ePA adoption and other prior authorization improvements
- Implement innovative business ideas through leading and coordinating large cross-functional teams focused on delivering bottom-line results
- Present ePA progress, status, strategy, project plans and other metrics associated with managing our ePA progress
- Bachelor’s degree or related field, or significant PBM and specialty drug management experience
- MBA preferred
- Heavy technical competency, understanding Agile
- Minimum 5-7 years experience with 2-3 years of significant product management and cross-functional experience
- Experience working cross-functionally to coordinate plans and execute against timelines and budgets
- Business case development with the ability to perform NPV, ROIC and income statement analysis
- Excellent communication and reporting skills, including executive level presentations
- Strong Client presence and experience conducting client presentations
- Demonstrated ability to manage others – both direct and indirect reports
- Knowledge of Healthcare industry and/or medical field preferred
- Understanding of innovative product development methods including disruptive innovation and customer jobs and outcomes analysis
- Understanding of Lean and Six Sigma methodologies desired.
Job Id: REQ20010123