Our Transaction platform operates between Expedia's Brands, Supply teams, and Financial systems and is the heartbeat of the company. The Product Manager for Global Transaction Tax Engine will drive the strategy and vision to assess, innovate, build and evolve our technology that provides Booking tax compliance excellence to Expedia and our partners.
You will be filling a critical role within a highly visible and critical business area within Expedia Group with exposure to leaders in both the eCommerce & Finance teams across EG. As the product manager your role will be instrumental in creating business cases, defining the roadmap and agile artifacts and aligning with the rest of our portfolio of capabilities and create value for our Expedia and travel partners. Your efforts will guide Expedia Group's commerce engines to maximize company revenue, reduce cost, improve customer satisfaction, and enhances the value of the assigned brand or product line.
What You Will Do
- Obsess about the customer and work backwards to determine product vision, strategy and roadmap of Travel Transaction Tax capabilities.
- Develop the vision for developing a Tax platform strategy in line with Expedia Group strategy
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with partners throughout Expedia.
- Evaluate the impact of trade-off decisions between programs and initiatives.
- Maintain a high attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Proactively identify and resolve issues that may impair a team's ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals.
- Draw on analytical and quantitative skills, using hard data and business judgement to drive decisions.
Who you are
- Excellent critical thinking and strong operating skills.
- Platform Product skills- ability to dig into technical aspects and drive configurable, reusable, and automated solutions.
- Significant and demonstrable industry experience in managing products, preferably in e-commerce.
- Experience managing products and driving from inception through delivery.
- Travel or hospitality industry experience, highly valued.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrable project management and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to lead in a matrix environment.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Business Administration, MBA preferred.
- Travel Tax regulatory environment knowledge preferred not required.