H&R Block, the world’s leader in tax preparation services, is looking for a Senior Product Manager, Expat Tax Services. This position is located at our corporate headquarters, in the premier downtown Power & Light District of Kansas City, where everything is either steps or a streetcar ride away. Our office offers an onsite fitness gym and coffee shop, an awesome company cafeteria, free parking, and frequent opportunities to get discounted or free tickets to a variety of entertainment venues and shows.
H&R Block Expat Tax Services, our fast-growing business serving the tax needs of Americans living abroad, is looking for a Senior Product Manager to lead the development, planning and implementation of go-to-market activities to grow our client base, revenues, and profits. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit with a successful track record of developing and bringing to life technology and business requirements for improving end-to-end client experiences for customer-facing products including websites, Salesforce Communities, etc…. Work will include changes with broad scope and high impact, as well as day-to-day optimization of client messaging and product management. The Senior Product Manager will collaborate with technology, product, and marketing partners and understand the voice of the customer to recommend and implement product proposals to meet business and financial goals.
What you'll do...
- Develops, recommends and implements product programs designed to improve the customer experience and increase client conversion and revenues. Ensures all programs adhere to overall business strategy and objectives. Analyzes programs to identify key success indicators. Prioritizes projects based on evaluation of short and long-term benefits to the company.
- Manages and optimizes activities across multiple channels including web, email, Salesforce Communities, social media, and others as identified. Role will lead and/or assist in budget allocation, strategy development, content creation, and program management of product and product marketing activities.
- Develops content optimized for client impact and SEO to publish and promote across multiple channels. Content may include website and email copy, FAQs, blogs, videos, social media posts, and others as identified.
- Collaborates with internal and external business partners to develop, recommend, and monitor the implementation of client acquisition and retention plans. Leads the discussion and consideration of ideas within working group.
- Creates and analyzes metrics to effectively measure acquisition and retention of programs. Identifies areas of concern and takes appropriate action.
- Responsible for development of business and technology requirements and oversight of technology development efforts. Act as a single point of contact for assigned products.
- Deliver products on time and on budget with superior quality.
- Work in partnership with business leaders to obtain and commit necessary associate resources at the appropriate time, level, and expertise to support the products.
- Use outstanding influence leadership skills, work closely with other senior leaders to ensure all technology is coordinated for on time delivery.
What you'll bring to the role...
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Six (6) years of relevant product, marketing, IT, and/or consulting experience.
- Experience leading large mission critical products that involve significant business and technology change.
- Knowledge of product management, direct marketing, and content development, and experience gathering and leveraging consumer insights. Experience drafting business requirements for technology implementations. Salesforce experience a plus.
- Track record of leading teams in a matrix management environment with demonstrated performance establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Copy writing and editing experience optimized for client impact and/or SEO, including website and email content, blogs, videos, and social media.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to established timeframes and leading in a fast?paced pressure environment.
- Experience developing and managing product budgets.
- Experience developing and negotiating partnerships with external vendor/ suppliers.
- Knowledge of business case development including cost/benefit analysis, NPV, and current and future state assessment.
- Advanced oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Strong presentation and facilitation skills necessary to communicate and persuade a wide range of audiences.
- Advanced supervisory skills with the ability to oversee tasks delegated to subordinates and other key stakeholders.
- Experience managing projects within compliance (regulatory, SOX, etc.) and governance frameworks.
It would be even better if you also had...
- Tax, financial, or international experience
- Expertise managing outsourcing service agreement including design and tracking of Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Nine years IT and/or business consulting experience to include short-term and long-range strategic planning.
- Seven years product management experience and/or significant experience in Salesforce Communities or Marketing Cloud.
- PMP certification, or equivalent, or completed work towards PMP certification, or equivalent.