This position is an individual contributor on Product Management team in the Elsevier eSolutions group and reports to the Product Director.
The Product Manager is responsible for the product management, planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle, including: the definition of online course and curricular product opportunities, defining the product release vision, gathering and prioritizing customer requirements, and working closely internal units to ensure that profitability and customer satisfaction goals are met. Product Managers also ensure that their product line supports the organization’s overall strategy and mission.
Main Activities and Responsibilities
Manage end-to-end project delivery, and coordination of project releases
Focus on products related to online course and curricular product needs. Proactively meet with customers to assess needs, identify opportunities and build relationships for dynamic product enhancement dialogue.
Manage day-to-day product management
Proactively leads planning toward online course and curricular product needs to ensure proper readiness to key stakeholders for the use of data to support student learning and interaction with instructional resources.
Oversight of Development to Support Education eProducts
Manage products throughout the product life-cycle from solution innovation, definition, release and end-of-life planning.
Evangelize and socialize product strategy, vision and value proposition with internal and external stakeholders.
Product, Technical and Organizational Knowledge
Assess technology trends, and current and emerging competitors in order to inform product direction; utilize and gather market and industry research and analysis to inform a long-range product roadmap.
General Market/Customer Knowledge
Perform market needs analysis specific to target market segments to better understand the problems and needs of potential and existing customers.
Functional and Technical Competencies
• Product Management skills
• Product Development process
• Product development lifecycle including multiple approaches such as Agile, waterfall, and iterative
• Governance Process and protocols
• Proficiency in Microsoft office applications.
• Ability to review existing implementations, identify issues, and recommend best practices
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experiences
• Bachelor’s degreerequired
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in electronic product delivery, preferably in a learning environment or educational technology company
• General Electronic Product Development and Product Management expertise
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Outstanding organizational and time management skills
• Understanding of the health education market
• Strong Negotiation Skills