The Senior Product Manager will develop and execute product strategies that support ENGIE Insight's goals, meet customer needs and drive a high level of customer satisfaction. Key objectives will be managing the product lifecycle for ENGIE Insight's Solutions, including product portfolio management and financial planning.
Product Lifecycle Management
- Drives the end-to-end product planning and delivery process across cross-functional teams and into the market
- Works with engineering to manage the release of product from inception through launch
- Maintains ongoing market sensing activities that employ Voice of the Customer initiatives and competitive analysis
Product Portfolio Planning and Road Mapping
- Owns, evaluates and communicates product performance against corporate objectives
- Establishes company-wide product development investment priorities in collaboration with Portfolio Management team
- Develops and publishes 3 year product road map with quarterly updates
- Works closely with Product Development leadership to ensure proper prioritization and tradeoffs of resources. Develops target buyer/influencer/user contact list with Solution teams; executives and monitors contact plans
Product Marketing and Sales Enablement
- Responsible for working with product and program marketing to define and evaluate product marketing tactics and outreach programs via collateral, sales tolls, training materials, and other marketing tools
- Develops product level messaging, positioning, and feature/benefit statements
Financial Planning and Management
- Develops high level business cases in support of innovation and product development activities
- Manages budget and revenue; conducts related forecasts
- Develops pricing strategies, sets and manages pricing to support company financial goals
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Environmental Studies or Computer Science or 6 years in technology with business degree. 5 to 7 years of experience in the industry preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in product management for one or more commercial software products or IT services.
- 5-8 years of experience with ENGIE Insight's product portfolio
- Demonstrated ability to effectively define and deliver innovative solutions that meet customer needs in conjunction with Product Development. Strong understanding of software development lifecycles required. Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum a bonus.
- Involvement in some, if not all, aspects of product launches, e.g., development of messaging and positioning, internal and external communications planning, testing, training, implementation planning, execution, user documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to translate concepts into viable products or business solutions, including experience guiding or personally conducting and analyzing market research for product planning.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and creative approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to relate at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to effectively work with and influence cross-functional teams to achieve results.