About the Role
The Driver Pricing and Incentives team develops the product experiences, pricing features, algorithms and platforms that enable Uber to be a reliable and motivating source of earnings for millions of driver-partners around the world. As a PM, you will partner with a team of enormously talented engineers, data scientists, designers and UX researchers to build tools and technology that help drivers maximize their earnings on Uber. Our team is responsible for highly visible features of the driver app including the surge heatmap, positioning suggestions, and driver incentives planning & tracking tools. Underlying these experiences, we define and iterate on a full suite of pricing features and strategies such as long-pickup fees, driver surge algorithm, peak hour incentives, and loyalty incentives. The Driver Pricing and Incentives team also develops the platforms to monitor, analyze and flawlessly deliver these pricing experiences no matter the type of trip (e.g. UberX, UberPOOL, UberEATs) and for our diverse set of driver partners. In this role, you will work very closely with cross-functional leaders in strategy, finance, marketing, policy, legal, and operations to ensure our products support the needs of our global business.
What You'll Do
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategies, as well as the needs and motivations of the diverse set of drivers who use the platform globally.
- Lead a product pillar within the Driver Pricing and Incentives charter. Define a narrative for how your team's roadmap aligns with company-level and regional business priorities.
- Distill the vision and strategy for the team, generate enthusiasm across cross-functional partners and executive leadership
- Drive innovation, research, design, and planning of entirely new products and features. Challenge your cross-functional team to think boldly and channel that energy into concrete action
- Generate and validate product ideas through continuous experimentation
- Be exceptionally truth-seeking. Collect whatever data and research insights are necessary to inform product direction by soliciting and embracing critical feedback
- Clearly communicate plans, insights, data, and results to a spectrum of audiences including executives, other product teams, and other decision-makers across Uber
- Work with the global operations team and cross-functional partners to understand the requirements of Uber's regional markets and ensure successful global deployment of new systems and models
- Minimum of 4 years experience in Product Management delivering successful and innovative products
- Results and metrics-oriented. You create clear definitions of success and guide prioritization and ideation against that. Focused on building businesses, not features
- Strong customer empathy, with an ability to transform complex data and customer insights into a prioritized roadmap
- Leadership and communication. Proven ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical team members up to and including the executive-level
- Strong communication & partnership skills - this will be an extremely cross-functional role, with more than a handful of core stakeholder teams.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams of engineers, data scientists, and designers to deliver extraordinary products
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a thirst for learning.
- Academic background or equivalent work experience in computer science, data science, statistics, economics or engineering highly preferred
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 10,000 cities around the world.