We're seeking a Product Management leader to oversee the development of features within our self-service advertising product for our global Brand program on Amazon. This person will have single-threaded ownership for the development of this growing program and play a significant leadership role in Amazon’s overall advertising business. In this role you will be responsible for product strategy, product delivery, metrics and data, customer experience, packaging/marketing, and the advertiser experience. Your challenge will be to create and grow new supply to support our Brand program initiatives, which means partnering with both internal and external supply partners to support inventory requriements. We are looking for a leader who can lead a large business through such a transformation and build a business from the ground up. You will be expected to establish a vision and key priorities for the program, and make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to dedicated engineering teams to support the business.
The right candidate will possess a strong product and program management background. Related, you will demonstrate excellent leadership skills that map to the Amazon competencies. The right candidate will have demonstrated experience leading large product initiatives and will have some background in digital advertising. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you’re not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but you can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done. You will be 100% customer focused, understanding their needs and requirements of both agencies and advertisers, plus anticipating future trends that will serve their needs. You will also be excellent at driving results, being able to coordinate large, multi-functional projects on-time, anticipate bottlenecks, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints. You will be able to participate/influence other senior leaders across the company future direction-setting.
Maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence and leadership are essential to success in this role. You will be data-driven and analytical. You constantly strive to expand our understanding of the metrics that drive our business and growth aspirations. Lastly, your communication skills – both verbal and written – are excellent, and you will be able to clearly communicate at all levels in the organization, including senior management. You will own your program area end-to-end.
· 5+ years in product management, sales and/or marketing is required
· Bachelor's degree is required
• Digital advertising or media (programmatic experience a plus)
• Familiarity with technical aspects of digital advertising, ideally mobile and/or mobile advertising
• A consistent record of leading a program from conception through completion, demonstrating multi-functional skills to make it successful
• Excellent oral and written communication skills – with both technical and non-technical individuals;
• Analytical and able to create sound business arguments backed up by data
• Lead and influence across different organizations and align teams to a common goal
• Handle multiple contending priorities in a diverse environment
• Able and willing to think and act strategically and tactically.
• Passionate and knowledgeable about new and emerging mobile and digital media and its technology
• Demonstrated ability for being detail-oriented, self-motivated and driving follow-through
• MBA a plus
Job ID: 615600