Through original thinking, pioneering action, and disrupting the status quo, our Digital team has transformed the beauty retail industry. From social to mobile to site to in-store technology, Sephora is a leading digital player that builds innovative client experiences where the clients are always the focus. With a "Genius" designation on the L2 Digital IQ Index (five years in a row), we'll continue to set the pace for the industry…especially with you on our team.
Your mission is to ensure that the engine that drives Sephora's explosive growth – our world-class Digital Marketing organization – is able to develop, execute, and measure the results of our campaign portfolio across all digital channels. You will partner with our business team to understand our client acquisition and retention strategy, define gaps and opportunities, and translate needs into products and capabilities that will deliver measurable improvement and value. You will understand the current Sephora marketing technology stack, seek out new tools, technologies and partners to enhance campaign effectiveness and enable Sephora's CRM capabilities – allowing us to speak with millions of clients in the right way, at the right time, and through the right digital channels. Deep experience and expertise in the rapidly evolving digital marketing space is required, with special emphasis on Paid Media (across display, search, social, etc.) as well as incorporating 3rd party data via Data Management Platforms (e.g. DMPs) for enhanced client targeting and new customer prospecting.
- Thought leadership
- Partner with Digital Marketing stakeholders to understand both the long-term vision and the annual goals, and how Digital Marketing will power growth for the organization
- Craft a high-impact product strategy and roadmap that enables the Digital Marketing team to deliver results across multiple channels
- Collaborate with our technology team to keep pace with the rapidly evolving marketing technology landscape and ensure alignment
- Coordinate with related teams and leaders to understand the impact and evolution of Digital Marketing on Sephora's evolving event-driven, automated, real-time CRM messaging capabilities and data management strategies
- Product Development
- Translate the overall Digital Marketing strategy and goals into executable product roadmap with defined objective and measurable KPIs
- Define and scope individual projects on the Sephora's product roadmap to deliver the digital marketing and technology capabilities – with special emphasis on Paid Media (across display, search, social, etc.) as well as incorporating 3rd party data using Data Management Platforms (e.g. DMPs) for enhanced client targeting and new customer prospecting
- Define product requirements and create user stories to build tools and features
- Work collaboratively with IT architects and engineers through agile development sprints to deliver new products and features
- Industry Best Practices
- Keep current on the rapidly changing Digital Marketing landscape, bringing an understanding of tools and technology available and how it can be leveraged to Sephora's advantage
- Partner with Sephora's senior technology team to develop a shared point of view of the best way to evolve our marketing technology stack and strike the optimal build vs buy balance to meet our goals
- Strong product management background, with 5+ years' experience in product management, including previous experience in B2C digital technology and tools for new client prospecting, retention marketing and/or event-driven, automated, real-time CRM messaging capabilities
- Expertise in Digital Marketing – particularly in Paid Media (across display, search, social, etc.) as well as incorporating 3rd party data using Data Management Platforms (e.g. DMPs) for enhanced client targeting and new client prospecting
- Experience in how the changing landscape of digital impacts the technologies and strategies needed to succeed in multichannel digital marketing efforts across channels
- Strong relationship management, leadership skills, strategic thinking, and communication skills, including executive-level communication and compelling story-telling
- Proven ability to effectively partner with technology – with competing priorities – to consistently deliver high-quality experiences, tools, and solutions
- Omnichannel retail experience highly desirable, bonus points for experience with using personalization and/or advance analytics to drive digital marketing
- Superior relationship-building, communication and negotiation skills within cross-functional teams
- A passion for technology coupled with an understanding of how complex back-end systems power the marketing magic our clients enjoy daily
- Curiosity and passion to understand the needs of the Sephora client and business, and an ability to identify and articulate opportunities
- Nimble and flexible with regards to changing priorities & business needs, and in influencing cross-functional teams. Proven multi-tasking skills, ability to meet critical deadlines.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.