Senior Product Manager - Demonstrations and Evaluations
The Senior Manager, Product Management for Demonstrations and Evaluations plays an integral role in the development and execution of the Blackboard Teaching and Learning product strategy. Reporting into the Blackboard Teaching and Learning Product Management and Product Marketing team, this role is responsible for defining, developing and supporting how our individual products and product suites are demonstrated and presented.
The position requires close coordination with other product managers, product development, marketing, sales and support. Engaging with customers, partners and Blackboard sales and support representatives, in person, via teleconference, web conference or through written communication, are key aspects of the role. This senior manager level position includes managing a small team of instructional designers.
Specifically, s/he will:
- Develop and manage cross platform, demonstration and evaluation environments, including environment provisioning, pre-loaded content, demonstration scripts and evaluation guides for all combinations of the Blackboard Teaching and Learning suite and suitable for multiple regions of the world
- Collaborate with other product managers and departments to ensure projects are clearly defined and properly phased to facilitate timely delivery of functionality
- Gather and analyze feedback from internal constituencies including sales, marketing, and product development and external constituencies including clients and prospects
- Develop and support the Automation process from marketing campaigns, through trail signups, nurture campaigns, insight to sales and tracking through to purchase.
- Prioritize requirements in a manner that best supports Blackboard’s business goals, and thoroughly describe those requirements via user stories
- Maintain and refine the environments, enablement and methodology with input from customers, market research, industry analysis, and internal stakeholders
- Incorporate product-related positioning and messaging including unique value propositions, features / benefits and competitive differentiation
- Provide product subject matter expertise to internal stakeholders and in support of customer escalations
- Identify and track key performance indicators for product success.
- Lead successful enablement for key stakeholders, including Solutions Engineers and Customer Success Advocates
- Lead successful professional development of team members; coach, mentor & train as needed
- Manage individual team member performance & conduct annual reviews
- Foster collaborative, productive relationships with other Blackboard Departments
5 or more years of relevant Product Management experience
- Experience in product management, product marketing or pre-sales experience in a software company required
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field.
- Experience in a leadership or staff management role
- Experience in developing compelling, value based, demonstrations, including scripts, environments and content.
- Experience of working across the world and tailoring messaging to different regions
- Experience and success bringing products all the way through the development lifecycle.
- Excellent written, communication and presentation skills. Comfortable and effective in small group and large group presentations. Compelling and accurate writing ability.
- High level of initiative and passion for creating compelling user experiences.
- Excellent teamwork skills and proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority.
- Ability to work within a highly dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, able to effectively deal with ambiguity/autonomy, and capable of making sound business decisions.
- Ability to organize and distill information from multiple sources into a scheduled and actionable development plan.
- Written and spoken English language fluency required
- Experience working with educational software and/or collaboration technologies is highly desirable.
- Written and spoken Spanish language desired