The Ad Buying Experience product team powers SXM Media’s quote to cash processes for our $1B ad revenue business through innovative and automated ad technology. We provide value to our advertising partners and drive efficiency, scale & yield for our business teams by building new and evolving existing tools that span our music & podcast advertising platform.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our team and own the roadmap and vision for our advertising data pipeline and productized data solutions which support our internal Account Managers; as well as, our large Advertising and Publishing partners.
In this role, you will work closely with cross-functional teams to enable scale via access to accurate and timely advertising and financial data in easy to use application UIs, reporting and API contexts. Your focus will be collaborating with technical partners on on developing data models that enable consistent, stable and robust reporting outcomes for internal systems and advertising partners
An ideal candidate should be able to:
- Distill business strategy and complicated needs into meaningful, actionable components.
- Develop definitions and requirements for new data assets and structures
- Communicate their roadmap, decisions, and prioritization trade-offs to stakeholders of all levels
- Work autonomously but understand collaboration is key to success
- Earn the trust of and build strong relationship with business and technical partners alike
- Thrive in an extremely fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Leverage Scrum and Kanban to manage projects
- Love music.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish and communicate a product vision and roadmap that drives our business strategy forward and inspires stakeholders across the company
- Collaborate with the platform, data science and engineering team in developing data solutions that could be leveraged in decision making. This is just as much a business role as it is a technical one.
- Build innovative Data products that ‘democratize’ business teams access to data.
- Data Quality & Governance: Build the right data assessment framework, governance & privacy processes to ensure the proper compliance is met across different data products.
- Define KPI’s to measure our progress against our advertising, revenue and operational goals
- Provide rationale for product decisions by aligning them to business goals & product strategy
- Formulate and articulate detailed requirements for product concepts through careful collaboration with business and technical partners
- Drive product launches and develop product positioning strategy
- Identify opportunities for product improvement utilizing feedback and product analysis
- BS or BA degree
- 5+ years experience in product management, product analytics, or an ad technology role at a digital or mobile media company
Requirements and General Skills:
- Strong track record of product management experience creating data tools and proven ability to drive and deliver result
- Deep understanding of data governance and how to implement, through both tools and processes, guardrails to maintain the accuracy of controlled vocabulary assignments
- Outstanding written/verbal communication skills with internal & external audiences; polished and professional demeanor
- Proven ability to build senior-level relationships, to lead cross-functional teams and to influence decision-making
- Experience partnering on large-scale projects with Marketing, Sales, UX and/or Engineering teams
- Capacity to manage and prioritize multiple projects concurrently
- Experience with industry standard web and mobile advertising operations vendors and concepts
- Excellent analytical skills
- Desire to nerd out about data with other like-minded data nerds.