What you'll get to do...
You will partner with business stakeholders across the company to identify high-value opportunities to ingress and standardize corporate data to serve offline decision making and deliver customer experiences. You will then collaborate closely with product teams, data experts, software engineers, data engineers and data scientists to:
- Define the problem to go after (build a robust problem statement, measurable goal to achieve, enumerate customer hypothesis, identify the right sources of data, etc.)
- Define how to solve the problem in partnership with engineers (design a solution to serve a well-crafted hypothesis, define performance metrics, etc.)
- Define how to productize the platform capabilities developed (through libraries, SDKs, API, etc.)
- Finally, you will evangelize those capabilities to drive corporate adoption, and measure the customer impact of your work
Your experience should include...
- 5+ years of product management experience, 2+ years technical product management
- Experience defining strategy and managing a prioritized roadmap for technical platforms
- Experience designing, running, and analyzing statistical hypothesis tests
- Experience with writing product requirements; building and prioritizing backlogs
- Experience leading a high-functioning, collaborative team of engineers and data scientists
- Experience partnering with stakeholders, engineering leaders and evangelizing internal platforms
- Experience in software engineering practices (Agile software development, Continuous Value Delivery, CI/CD, Service Oriented Architecture, cloud computing, and API design)
- Experience tracking, understanding, and acting upon changes in industry trends
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Passionate, self-starter, inventive, data-driven and accountable
The following characteristics define a candidate that will succeed in the culture and in this position:
- Self-Starter: A self-motivated individual who can take limited direction and produce tangible results. A resourceful individual who pro-actively thinks outside of the box.
- Technology Forward: Has an interest in technology, ability to understand technical concepts that solve customer problems.
- Curiosity: Has a naturally curious mind, loves to explore and nurture intellect; observes and identifies patterns in data that can identify actionable insights.
- Problem Solver: Continually resolve issues through active problem solving and striving to answer questions before they are asked.
- Organizational Skills: The ability to bring disparate stakeholders together to resolve issues, drive consensus and prioritize workload.
- Communication: Excellent communication skills; an active listener and concise presenter.
- Judgment: Makes sound decisions in a timely manner based on the appropriate balance of data and instinct. Knows how to ask the right questions (at the right time) necessary to uncover key information that can unlock relevant actions.
- Team Oriented: Thrives in collaborative team environment.