About This Role:
In this role, you will work with a group of engineers and analysts to build the Compass data platform. Our team’s mission is to envision, build and deploy the next generation end-to-end platform for data ingestion, processing, storage, scheduling and analysis at massive scale to provide leverage for Compass. Every team at Compass—product, engineering, finance, operations, people and culture and leadership rely on our platform to make data-informed decisions as well as power the business with data.
- Develop the vision and product roadmap for data platform solutions and features, including self-service visualization products, dashboarding tools, analytics products and data warehouse
- Work closely with key internal business stakeholders to understand user needs with data, identify gaps in our offerings and form product requirements
- Craft data platform including but not limited to data pipelines, alerts and analytics, data infrastructure, API (250+ fields), ETL, data quality and coverage projects.
- Develop and implement data standards to ensure the accuracy and quality of data through all upstream and downstream data channels
- Set ambitious goals, and measure and quantify impact on a regular basis
- Champion and build a culture of data informed decision making
- Bachelor's degree in an analytical field (Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics or related field)
- 5+ years of product management or related experience for data products
- Proven ability to lead teams and work cross-functionally with technical and non-technical team members
- Familiarity with big data technologies (such as Kafka, Hadoop, Spark and Redshift), relational databases and data products generally
- Experience with developer tools and platforms (Github, AWS, Airflow) a plus
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Looker or Tableau is a plus
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced, high-growth and rapidly changing environment