Our Data team powers Lob's core business. As Lob's Senior Product Manager for Data, you will drive and deliver innovative, API-first services for our Print and Mail API. We're looking for an individual who is passionate about helping create the product roadmap at a dynamic and fast-growing startup, working closely with a world-class engineering and design team to deliver game-changing product capabilities, and interacting cross-functionally and directly with customers in order to understand product adoption and drive continuous product improvements.
You will be responsible for our Data Team. We want this person to set up core processes and roadmaps that will help us scale these teams over time. You will manage the creation of new features, prioritize and balance incoming data requests and build out data pipelines across the company, and partner with our PMs and stakeholders across the organization to drive innovation.
As a Senior Product Manager, you'll...
- Create requirements documents and release milestones and drive project execution and deliveries
- Prioritize and balance incoming business and product analytical requests and build out data pipelines and data driven product features across the company
- Define and lead the vision and strategy for analytics, data warehouse, infrastructure, data applications
- Strong analytical business intelligence and product analytical tools
- Develop a deep understanding of the needs of the data platform from internal and external stakeholders to drive product requirements and come up with intuitive data solutions
- Collaborate with Engineering and cross functional teams, providing them customer and business context and engage at a detailed technical level to ensure standardization and data driven design approach.
- Be an evangelist of data quality from the data production stage
- Perform in-depth analysis of data products and drive improvements in both data quality and design
Additional duties and responsibilities may include but will not be limited to...
- Define success metrics for the team and drive feature prioritization, process improvements, and product development
- Evangelize the value of data/analytics and help drive a data-informed culture; numbers are only as good as the way in which they are presented, and the person in this role should have a point of view on how to make our data intelligible and important to the rest of the company
- Collaborate with Infosec and drive projects around data privacy related areas
- What should infrastructure look like 2 years from now for a platform that runs AI/ML workloads
- Develop the Market & Product Requirements on how Machine Learning can be applied across the platform and our solutions to delight our customers
- Drive our beta programs for Machine Learning
For this role, we're looking for...
- 3+ years of relevant product management experience but will consider candidates with less number of years if they have shipped a number of large scale products
- Technical Proficiency: Potential markers of technical proficiency include but is not limited to a computer science degree, software engineering experience, passing a basic system design interview, ability to dig into the weeds of a technical product with reduced engineering support or you've started a technical business before.
- Proven ability to motivate, lead, and collaborate with engineering, and other cross-functional teams
- Prior experience building or working with APIs or technically equivalent product is preferred
- Experience transforming business and product strategy into well-articulated product specs, using both quantitative and qualitative data to inform product direction and priorities
- Extraordinary written and oral communication skills, with an ability to handle both executive-level discussions and functional deep dives with engineering
- Fantastic problem-solving abilities, analytical horsepower, an attention to detail, and a willingness to do whatever it takes from an execution perspective