- Responsible for the design and successful integration of new products and features.
- Maintain a requirements backlog and prioritize features for implementation.
- Research and document business cases and user stories from our clients.
- Research and document use cases.
- Interview users to document use, needs, and expectations.
- Work with multiple departments to gather requests, requirements, and incorporate them into the project plan where appropriate.
- Analyze potential effect on usability, workflows, demonstrations, etc of the application.
- Assess risk of changes to current processes.
- Investigate potential influence and repercussions (both positive and negative) that will be made is associated modules and processes currently active in the application.
- Prepare deliverables such as: Use cases, data modeling, mockups, test cases, and training content.
- Assist in marketing research.
- Provide guidance to early adopting users.
- Serve as customer advocate during design and early adoption phases.
- Help internal departments understand and adopt new features.
- Establish and document standards of use.
- Support product development as needed – especially in the realm of understanding requirements, user scenarios, use cases, daily use, and associated reporting.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills with the ability to present to a group.
- Strong understanding of software and technology in the workplace.
- Visual design and mockup experience with a strong attention to detail is a plus.
- Desire to work with clients and a genuine interest in their success.
- General understanding of common software development methodologies.
- General understanding of process analysis.
- 5 years’ experience in product management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in a business or technology field.
Language Ability: Read, analyze and interpret scientific and technical journals, financial reports and legal documents. Respond to inquiries or complaints from customers, agencies or members of the business community. Write speeches and articles for publication.
Mathematical Ability: Apply advanced concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations and permutations. Apply operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, test reliability/validity, variance analysis, correlation techniques, sampling theory and factor analysis.
Reasoning Ability: Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Publisher, Outlook, Chrome, Internet Explorer). Microsoft Visio. Microsoft Project.
Travel Requirements: Some travel may be required.