We are seeking a goal-oriented, entrepreneurial, and motivated individual to take on the role of Senior Product Manager. The Senior Product Manager will be the driving force in developing our vision and realizing growth for our separations sciences products that will be utilized across the breadth of our targeted industries (e.g. Biopharmaceuticals, Pharmaceuticals, Clinical, Environmental, etc.). Utilizing Voice of Customer, this individual independently develops and presents clear and concise business cases, prioritizes product requirements, actively participates as a member of project teams, defines product value propositions and supports launch strategies, ensures a high level of quality is built into and delivered to customers globally, manages product lifecycle through roadmaps, and monitors product financial health. Additionally, the Senior Product Manager is seen as both a subject matter expert and leader providing mentorship to members of the Product Management team as needed.
The Senior Product Manager will be able to deliver oral presentations to Senior Leadership, customers, cross-functional teams, and other groups as needed. A strong technical background coupled with solid business acumen are essential for success. The Senior Product Manager reports directly to the Director of Product Management.
- Manage the growth and profitability of a Biopharmaceutical product portfolio
- Independently identifies, develops, and presents opportunities for new product development and current product improvements to Senior Leadership
- Develops and executes product life cycle management, product road map, positioning and pricing
- Member of a project core team responsible to develop Business Cases, Customer Product Requirements, Support Launch Strategy, Commercialization Plans and execution
- Perform on-going voice-of-customer (VOC) interactions with key internal and external customers globally to understand problems, obtain feedback on new and existing products, and identify solutions
- Work cross-functionally with R+D, Marketing, Operations, and other supporting functions in the execution of projects and management of the existing portfolio of products
- Partners with Product Marketing to lead the commercialization process to ensure successful product launch to realize business goals
- Gathers and assesses market and competitive intelligence, global trends, and displacing technologies
- Develops product line forecasts in collaboration with Product Marketing and Supply Chain Planning and manage inventory interruptions
- Communicates product commercialization strategies to Senior Leadership, Commercial and Operational teams
- Supports VIP and key customer interactions as needed
- Manage team of Product Managers or Product Management Analysts
- Bachelor's degree with 8+ years' experience or MBA/Master's degree with 6+ years' experience or Doctorate infield with 4+ years'
- Strong business acumen and financial aptitude; experience in the Danaher Business System and financial analysis/modeling skills strongly preferred
- 4+ years working knowledge of practical HPLC workflows and hands-on experience in liquid chromatographic instrumentation like HPLC-UV, UHPLC-UV, and LC/MS or other chromatography and sample preparation techniques within the Biopharmaceutical industry is desired
- Strong fundamental general chemistry knowledge, as well as a thorough understanding of experimental design and troubleshooting workflows
- Previous leadership experience in product management, market development, technical customer management, or product development is highly desirable
- Able to work as a productive member of a team in a matrix organization with the ability to adapt and handle competing departmental needs
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Results oriented individual with focused urgency; strong work ethic, ambition and drive for success
- Executive presence and interaction skills, with ability to influence decisions across all levels of an organization
- Able to work independently; self-motivated for continued learning
- Travel potentially up to 30%
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 69,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out.