The Senior Product Manager will work as a member of the NextGear Capital IT Portfolio Management team to drive the platform and operational requirements related to a software offering, including application new features and enhancements, program interfaces, security and performance related features for the product. In addition, this person is responsible for working with other stakeholders and the delivery team to gather requirements, create user stories, and manage the team backlog so that the solution effectively addresses user needs while maintaining technical integrity. As a Product Manager, you will represent the business needs for your teams and will be responsible for the product delivery including development, testing, documentation, migration and release.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain relationships with collaboration partners across key functional areas:
- Business unit employees to ensure a well-rounded understanding of product needs is being properly considered within product specifications.
- Software developers and testers to collaborate on a quality software product that meets users’ needs.
- Corporate Marketing and otherinternal groups to ensure the product functionality and delivery window is aligned with the overall corporate strategies and goals.
- Be an expert for functionality within a defined module, system or set of products related to an application or system.
- Define the solution strategy, roadmap and solution delivery plan for a defined module, system or set of products related to an application or system.
- Serve as key technical interface between Operations and Product Management, addressing ad-hoc questions as they arise.
- Create user stories to capture requirements and specifications from business needs in a detailed enough manner that developers can build the applicable solution.
- Manage product backlog, prioritizing user stories that provide most value to the business.
- Perform Product Owner duties, as a visible leader within development, documentation, testing, release and implementation.
- Manage the whole product delivery cycle to ensure an on-target, high quality, timely release.
- Candidate should have a proven track record of being able to plan, prioritize, estimate, and deliver work efforts based on commitments.
- Contribute to standards around which others will operate.
- Validate value propositions and develop business impact models.
- Participate in interviewing and candidate selection for position openings across Technology.
Preferred Skills & Experience:
- Self-starter, able to work independently and as part of a team to manage, create and deliver quality work
- Collaborator, able to draw groups of people together and facilitate discussions, information sharing and solution envisioning
- Decision-maker, determining necessity, criticality, and priority for requested changes
- Leader, providing vision for a product and strategic direction to agile teams
- Product Owner, leading story mapping and grooming sessions
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good organizational and analytical skills; high standards with extreme attention to detail
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field preferred
- Industry knowledge and work experience equivalent to at least 6 years
- Demonstrable proficiency in product leadership role
- Previous experience with AgileScrum methodologies and Product Owner role
- Strong time management, analytical and management experience
- Experience managing personnel and coaching direct reports.
- Knowledge of behavior driven development and automated testing; web-based development and data management
- Experience using job-related tools such as, but not limited to JIRA, Confluence, Sharepoint, MS Visio
- Ability to present to large audiences and facilitate small-to-medium audiences
- Understanding of Financial Services industry terms and practices preferred