PURPOSE: The primary responsibility of this position is to drive the strategic direction of a new product portfolio consisting of collaborative welding systems and accessories. This role includes managing the project plans for new product development and promotion activities into a new and evolving market.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES)
- Creates and maintains a complete portfolio of standard collaborative robotic welding products that incorporates components from multiple Lincoln Electric business units.
- Manages entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities within the given product portfolio.
- Takes a Project Management role to drive development activities to aggressive timelines.
- Specifies market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research support by on-going visits to customers and stakeholders.
- Partners with Sales, Marketing and Operations within each business unit to develop and implement a market plan.
- Maintains an understanding of drivers behind the profitability of standard robotics systems and positioners to drive an increase in profitable sales.
- Participates in the development of marketing materials designed to motivate sales inquiries.
- With limited supervision,
- Engages and leads new product development in all phases of development from voice of the customer to product launch.
- Works with manufacturing, service and engineering to improve products and review field related issues.
- Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as needed or directed in support of the business unit direction and Lincoln Electric’s 2025 Higher Standard Strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Marketing required.
- Minimum of 5+ years previous experience in Sales, Marketing, Engineering or related field.
- Ability to effectively interact with both internal and external customers at all levels.
- Basic understanding of welding and robotic practices and procedures.
- Developed communication skills in writing and verbally.
- Proactive approach to working on project teams
- Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Office applications and preferably SAP.
- Ability to travel approximately 25% of the time.
- Resides in the Cleveland, OH area preferred (open to remote for the right candidate)
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.