Group and role summary
The Desktop Product Management team is tasked with VMware’s most challenging and important growth initiatives. Working closely with executive leadership, engineering, sales & marketing, and customers, they leverage their technical, analytical, and strategic skills towards executing high impact value added opportunities. The role requires passion for building great products that customers love to use, appreciation for working with great engineers, willingness to do what it takes to grow the business, and wisdom to make tough tradeoffs.
Horizon Cloud Services is a software as a service solution for delivering virtual desktops and applications as a service from the cloud. As a Sr. Product Manager on the Horizon Cloud team, you will be responsible for establishing a product vision, executing the product strategy, with the goal of delivering the industry’s most robust and scalable platform. You will be the voice of our customers in design conversations, explaining “the why” behind “the what” that needs to get built.
- Building out Cloud service offerings
- Analyze and evaluate complementary and competitive products, technologies, and solutions.
- Work directly with customers and partners, leverage feedback as a key component of the product and roadmap planning.
- Work with different partners like Microsoft, AWS, Google and product teams across VMware including vSphere, NSX, VSAN to socialize and share product requirements, product positioning, and customer value for VMware Horizon Cloud
- Manage the product development process from inception to product delivery.
- Write PRDs, outline detailed customer use cases, and ensure the successful shipment of the product.
- Work closely with R&D, Product Marketing, and Program Management to ensure product availability worldwide at major product launch.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales and partners to drive revenue opportunities.
- Proven experience building out Cloud service offerings
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience; MBA preferred
- Minimum of 7+ years of experience in product management or product marketing experience with a software company.
- Ability to work equally well with business development, product marketing, program management, and engineering to drive successful product releases.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to write clearly and quickly to explain technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Proven analytical skills and strategic thinking with an ability to translate technology into business benefits.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and strategic thinking skills and the ability to translate those skills into a proven track record in delivering successful products.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.