This role is responsible for the Product Management of Hostopia/Deluxe Small Business Services strategic product initiatives. The primary objective of the role is to drive profitable growth of the assigned core product portfolio, and assumes responsibility for product financial metrics, as well as strategic, growth oriented goals.
The role has product portfolio responsibility for the core Hosting products, including Cloud/Hosting products across channels, Security/SSL products, Domain products, and other standard hosting offerings.
The Senior Product Manager works closely with all departments within Hostopia/Deluxe including – product marketing and development, project management, technology, partner marketing, technical support and national sales and services management.
• Responsible as the product owner for their core portfolio, ensuring maximized growth
• Conduct research, analyze and evaluate markets and technologies providing results and recommendations. Then develop product requirements and execute on delivering the desired business outcomes.
• Responsible to conduct analysis of existing products, services, and processes, to determine recommendations for enhancements, and future strategic direction. Responsible to support market analysis on competitor products, features, and capabilities to ensure we are remaining competitive
• Refining and prioritizing the product backlog for a variety of products, including non-functional requirements, on a regular basis in collaboration with the team such that it mitigates operational / technical / financial risk, accelerates team learning, achieves expected outcomes and optimizes the value of the work performed
• Develops business cases, assess stage gate progress, launch products successfully (on budget, on time, delivering quality) and monitors revenue and profitability performance against the business cases.
• Identifies cross sell opportunities for product portfolio across all business channels, drives for quick implementation by collaboration with key process owners and demonstrates resilience to work thru obstacles
• Define key measurements of product line performance and success criteria
• Creates and delivers product roadmaps, channel plans and online strategies to all teams
• Create short and long term product development requirements and roadmaps to guide core teams
• Provides high profile industry thought leadership both internally and externally through papers, presentations, seminars, training.
• Collaborate internally with Marketing and Sales:
- Define and size market segments, and distribution strategy
- Determine product positioning for all markets and all buyer types
- Document the typical buying process
- Develop comprehensive go-to-market plans
- Develop and achieve product revenue and profitability objectives
• If applicable manages direct reports performance by utilizing coaching, mentoring and other performance management methodologies. Conducts regular performance appraisals and aligns with company objectives.
• Position may include other duties as determined by the company, including responsibility for other products as needed.
• Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience) Finance, Marketing, Business, IT
• 5+ years of experience in Business Management, IT, Finance,5+ years’ experience managing products and services
• Strong business acumen, communication and presentation skills
• Knowledge of product development and product integration across many different systems, working within waterfall and agile environments
• In-depth knowledge of project management methodology
• Experience and knowledge of SaaS models, and the Cloud Hosting market.
• Experience and technical knowledge of how the internet works, domains, hosting, and security best practices
• Specific experience with cPanel, WHMCS, domain registration, databases and other hosting platforms a definite plus
• Proven track record for driving new product capabilities from internal concept to successful release planning, delivery and market adoption
• Proficiency with financial models
• Knowledge of sales, marketing and product management processes
• A keen interest in product design, development, integration and the value that products deliver to the end customer to ensure long-term success and customer lifetime value
• Product management experience in both retail and wholesale models a plus
• Leadership competencies: coaching and mentoring
• Entrepreneurial drive and passion
• Technical understanding of product and customer requirements. Operates within the context of approved methods. Anticipates and prevent problems and roadblocks before they occur.
Req ID#: 13657BR-8