Career Opportunity: Senior Product Manager (SaaS) – Apex – Cincinnati (Mason), OH
Are you a visionary in creating and delivering SaaS based software solutions? Do you have the passion to evangelize your product capabilities? Do you thrive on gathering, evaluating, and defining product requirements? If so, we want to hear from you!
Apex Supply Chain Technologies is defining the future of how companies manage their supply chains by providing tailored, scalable, hardware and software solutions, which allow customers to right-size and control the flow of materials, supplies, equipment and critical parts, based on true demand. We are a rapidly growing Mason, Ohio technology innovator, providing transformative Supply Chain Technology solutions to a client base of over 17, corporate users worldwide. Over the past five years, more than 300 of the Fortune 1 and Forbes Global 1 companies have implemented Apex solutions.
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager to oversee our next generation Software as a Service (SaaS) platform.
This role is responsible for defining, supporting the development of, and executing strategic and tactical plans for new product and market opportunities for Apex’s next-gen SaaS platform.
This includes collaborating with key stakeholders in developing the business case for this Cloud-based platform, as well as gathering, evaluating, defining, and evangelizing product requirements based on input from Senior Management, Sales, Marketing and other critical stakeholders, plus researching, analyzing, distributing and interpreting competitive intelligence and alternative solutions.
In addition, the Engineering Product Manager will:
- Bring leading-edge SaaS practices to Apex, including back-of-house best practices (subscription management, financialreporting, etc.).
- Provide high-energy leadership, build enthusiasm and consensus around the Cloud initiative.
- Retain overall responsibility for managing cloud-based software development including scope, quality, timeline, and budget.
- Use Agile approach to define requirements with epics and stories.
- Create, maintain and groom product backlog.
- Drive aggressive timelines and exceed high project expectations.
- Create business plans including ROI for productization of targeted solutions.
- Provide input into the core positioning and messaging for various products as well as the development of training, sales tools, and collateral materials.
- Support go-to-market and roll-out plans and processes for marketing, sales, and customer support.
The ideal candidate should enjoy being a self-motivated team player who does what it takes to get the job done and:
- MUST have 5+ years of deep experience in SaaS products.
- MBA plus an acceptable combination of education and directly applicable experience with strong technology focus.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in product management, early-stage application of complex solutions, and marketing of transformational technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop products for complex systems, create business cases and deployment plans, and take the lead in deployment of these solutions.
- Extensive experience in introducing and developing complex B2B technology solutions in advance of market recognition and market maturity.
- Proven experience with multiple full product lifecycles, from concept to delivery to support.
- A customer-first, results-oriented personal drive with the ability to prioritize and deliver key initiatives on time, within budget, and within scope.
- Generally tech-savvy and proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; working experience with project management and collaboration tools such as JIRA and Confluence is beneficial.
- Ability to travel approximately 10% domestically and internationally.
Employer is EOE/M/F/D/V. No third party candidates please.