Senior Product Manager ( CI ) - Marketing
Responsible for providing product marketing and analysis support, and special project management. Prefer marketing and medical device experience in cardiology.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
* Works with product users to increase the ability of Merit to improve products to meet specific customer needs by:
* Identifying problems not met by existing products.
* Discussing possible changes in product specifications based upon the unique needs of an individual customer.
* Coordinating with Sales staff to identify customers with possible customized needs.
* Working with manufacturing staff to confirm pricing parameters for products.
* Works with customers in coordinating Market Research Trials by:
* Identifying opportunities for adding accessories or improving product operation.
* Gathering information about product performance by observation of procedures, questionnaires, interviews and face-to-face discussions.
* Explaining product improvement needs to Engineering and Manufacturing staff.
* Evaluating overall product effectiveness and market potential.
* Evaluates new product potential by:
* Researching and analyzing the existing market and the products being manufactured by competing companies.
* Forecasting sales of products within existing and potential markets.
* Assessing the ability of products to meet current and potential needs.
* Trains sales staff in anatomy and physiology related to the clinical application and use of products, the various unique features of new and existing products, and the advantages and weaknesses of Merit products when compared to other competing products.
* Prepares and writes brochures and sales materials.
* Acts as a team leader on product management, marketing, or interdepartmental teams and may supervise other product managers in this effort.
* Prepares a variety of sales and marketing forecasts.
* Exercises judgment in project management for high priority projects and assignments.
* Serves as marketing liaison to other departments in the absence of the Marketing Director.
* Performs other related product management and marketing tasks, as needed.
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Educational experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field.
* Work related experience equivalent to six years of product management and/or sales experience in the medical device field.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
* Ability to manage large and high priority projects efficiently and effectively and to meet deadlines in a timely manner.
* Good organizational skills and the ability to conduct and/or supervise the clinical trial process as a representative of Marketing in an organized and methodical manner.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to act as a team leader while supervising Marketing's efforts as related to high priority projects.
* Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs
* Excellent presentation skills and the ability to prepare professional written and oral presentations and market analysis.
* Excellent market research skills and the ability to report research findings with high degrees of validity and reliability.
* Product effectiveness/market potential evaluation
* Market research/analyzing
* Sales forecasting
* Product assessment
* Brochure/sales material preparation and writing
* Problem solving
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as standard business practice.
COMPANY HISTORY Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos. Merit develops, manufactures and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular disease. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion and catheter technologies.