The Senior Product Manager, Cash and Check Services provides leadership, supervision, direction and ownership for the Cash Services and Check Product Set within the Transactional Banking group. As part of the Payables and Receivables Product Management organization, the candidate has overall responsibility for a family of cash management products. Specific accountabilities include planning and strategic direction, product profit margin management, product development and implementation, quality assurance, contract management, ongoing product support, market visibility, conversion planning and execution and product risk management.
- Deliver on planned new product initiatives.
- Establish future product strategy and tactics.
- Oversee day-to-day product management tasks.
- Manage product risks.
Duties and responsibilities
- Serve as end-to-end business owner, leading products' evolution by setting product strategy and executing related tactics, working in conjunction with various business partners.
- Establish financial goals and plans to achieve them. Develop accurate revenue capture processes and understand/influence the drivers of revenue and expense to meet profitability targets.
- Monitor revenue and expense for family of products, establish product profit margins and direct product pricing strategies.
- Lead Product Governance disciplines (Quarterly Product Reviews, Annual Product Plans, Competitive Analyses, Pipeline Reviews, etc).
- Produce business cases and other appropriate funding documents for new products and major enhancements and secure investment via Challenge Groups and Investment Board.
- Research and define product and technological requirements of clients and oversee development and testing of new products and enhancements to existing services.
- Working with functional partners, manage new product launch activities for the family of products, including the development of marketing collateral, service agreements, product training, client implementation, and internal/external communications.
- Ensure project timelines are met, risks to plan are identified along with mitigating factors.
- Direct ongoing product support with business partners for BAU capabilities including, product training, product packaging, promotion, and development of marketing collateral.
- Assists Sales in responding to and/or closing new client business opportunities
- Manage risk for product suite, including developing risk reporting and metrics in close collaboration with Front Line and Second Line risk partners.
- Engage regularly with key internal stakeholders from Sales, Operations, Technology, AML, Fraud and Risk.
- Oversee establishment of performance and quality indicators with third-party partners or product delivery vendors.
- As required, participate in bank-wide conversion projects (e.g. bank acquisition and/or system conversion).
- Promote a positive image and perception of leadership/expertise for Santander through efforts such as speaking engagements at major industry conferences, published articles, and client interfaces.
- Participate actively in Industry Associations and workgroups.
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply.
- QUALIFICATIONSBachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, or equivalent discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- 9-12 years related business experience in banking, product management & development and/or project management.
- In depth knowledge of specific Cash Management products, with a focus on Check (ARP, Check Deposit Link, Image Cash Letter) and Cash Services (Cash Vault).
- Proven leadership and people management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with senior management and communicate succinctly.
- Extensive knowledge of Corporate and Commercial Banking customer needs and competitive offerings.
- Ability to serve as a role model to others on developing a trusted communication style. Demonstrated ability to build strong trusted relationships and foster collaboration and teamwork.
- Ability to understand complex systems and technology processes and demonstrated product management skills.
- Demonstrated superior analytical, financial and strategic planning skills.
- Ability to manage and direct professional level employees in a peer management capacity in completing assigned tasks and achieving established goals.
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Project - and familiarity with banking internal systems.
- Exceptional written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Frequent (Domestic, primarily Northeast) travel required.