The Senior Product Manager (SPM) for consumer credit cards is responsible for the client experience of the consumer credit card product suite (affluent, HNW and UHNW segments). He/she seeks, defines, introduces, promotes and monitors products, services and functionalities that develop new relationships, enhance existing ones and maximize returns. Core responsibilities include product strategy, product development, product management, product pricing, product positioning and product promotion, as well as compliance/risk management and vendor cost management. The SPM works with bank stakeholders, vendors and occasionally clients to continuously improve the product offering, servicing and analytics. He/she ensures that card products compete effectively against other high-end cards, and creates card experiences and luxury attributes that will appeal to the affluent, HNW and UHNW client segments.
- Program management: maintain and continuously improve a program that balances client value and program cost, analyze and report on program performance to bank management.
- Financial management: keep track of costs and revenues, and project trends.
- Product strategy: develop strategic plans and business cases for account acquisition, activation and retention.
- Product development: identify product opportunities based on strategic objectives, client needs and market analysis for our affluent, HNW and UHNW clientele
- Product management: monitor, track and evaluate existing products, enhancing or eliminating as appropriate to improve performance, profitability and competitiveness.
- Pricing: optimize revenue via strategic pricing decisions.
- Product positioning: develop positioning strategies to generate revenue, contribute to overall "brand" and differentiation, and extend relationship life.
- Product promotion: promote products as part of total relationship/segment offering.
- Product knowledge: act as a subject matter expert on cards, advise on solutions to technical problems, and stay up to date on competition, regulation, marketplace, and internal and external issues related to cards.
- Product marketing: develop information on product features, benefits, requirements, pricing and services, and plans campaigns with the marketing team.
- Vendor management: manage vendor service quality, costs and capacity to maximize customer satisfaction, retention and profitability.
- Compliance: identify, communicate and coordinate efforts to mitigate product risk and ensure regulatory compliance.
- May supervise one or two product managers.
- Research and identify potential vendors.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in product management, project management, financial management and/or vendor management
- Minimum 8 years of experience with specific industry expertise in payments and/or cards, both operationally and strategically.
- Minimum 8 years of banking experience.
Abilities, Job Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
- MBA preferred.
- Must have thorough knowledge of payments, the payments industry and the payments business, especially as it relates to consumer credit card issuance.
- Preferred candidate will be skilled in matrix and project management, macro and micro level thinking and analysis.
- Demonstrated experience leading and delivering concurrent projects as part of a cross-functional team in a flat organization.
- Demonstrated experience forecasting card revenues and costs, and managing a card portfolio profitably within competition and vendor constraints
- Demonstrated experience working with card systems and card vendors, such as Visa, TSYS, FIS and benefit vendors (e.g. concierge services, experience vendors, etc.).
- Must have a working understanding of design thinking, agile development and how to enable card features within the digital channels (online, mobile, etc.)
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
- Must possess excellent public speaking and presentation skills.
- Must be skilled with financial modeling and knowledgeable of financial concepts
- Must have ability to communicate at a strategic level with senior management.
- Must have desire to maintain knowledge through industry networking, constant research and understanding of products.
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, analytical, planning, and scheduling skills.