Instructure was founded to define, develop, and deploy superior, easy-to-use software. (And that's what we did / do / will keep on doing.) We are dedicated to the fight against iffy, mothbally, shoddy software. We make better, more usable tools for teaching and learning (you know, stuff people will actually use). A better connected and more open edtech ecosystem. And more effective ways for everyone everywhere to access education, make discoveries, share knowledge, be inspired, and do big things. We accomplish all this by giving smart, creative, passionate people opportunities to create awesome. So here's your opportunity.
Launched in 2011, Canvas is the fastest growing Learning Management System (LMS) and is now used by millions of teachers and students around the world. We are looking for a software Product Manager to join our Canvas Product Management team, focused on delivering meaningful interactions that help our users achieve their educational goals. In this position, you'll be at the center of edtech and our mission to improve teaching and learning globally.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with product leadership on the management and execution of the product vision for Canvas.
- Engage with users to make sure we are understanding and solving problems that help them meet their goals in education.
- Document requirements across customers, prospects and internal teams.
- Organize and prioritize the day-to-day work within our Agile environment - ship product!
- Collaborate with program management, UX, Engineering and QA to deliver enhancements.
- Collaborate with other product teams to ensure consistent user experiences across all our educational products.
- Collaborate with marketing and sales to support go-to-market plans
Here's what you will need to know/have:
- At least 5 years experience in Software Product Management bringing data and reporting products and features to market.
- At least a BS degree in a related field such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, etc.
- Self-starter who can create a vision and organize a plan to execute it.
- Ability to prioritize and drive multiple projects at one time.
- Exceptional communication skills to ensure all stakeholders understand and are aligned with the product plan.
- Experience in the education industry is a plus (but not required)
Get in on all the awesome at Instructure.
- Competitive salary, equity, and 401k
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 100% paid medical, dental, disability, and life insurance
- HSA program, vision, voluntary life, and AD&D
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, 9 paid holidays, and flexible work schedules
- Gym club reimbursements and rewards-based fitness tracking
- iMacs or Macbooks