Avast, an industry leader in digitalsecurity products for consumers and small businesses, protects over 400 million people online. With the most advanced detection network in the world, we stop threats on the internet and the evolving IoT landscape in real time. Under the Avast and AVG brands for Mobile, PC and Mac, our portfolio of products is top-ranked.
Based in the Czech Republic of Prague with offices worldwide, Avast employs some of the brightest new talents in the cybersecurity industry. Our company is redefining the market with an innovative take on security services and the way in which computer and mobile devices are managed.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Product Manager to enhance our security solutions and offerings to SMB customers around the world, significantly growing Avast SMB business. Playing an important role, you will create and define the product portfolio, ongoing product management and relevant oversight of product lifecycle. You will be a subject matter expert (SME) in security technologies and associated product strategies supporting small and medium businesses. This role reports to the Director of Product Management for SMB and is based in either Prague, CZ or Charlotte, NC.
- Plan and prioritize product roadmaps based on customer needs, business goals and constraints.
- Ensure rapid delivery of quality product releases through strong and efficient PM process management in cooperation with engineering
- Be aware of expected trends in demand of security technology, and contribute to new ideas to drive future offerings and potentially new demand.
- Work closely with product marketing, sales, and engineering, to ensure the right features, positioning, pricing and promotions for all routes to market.
- Codify feedback from the market to outline emerging customer needs, features, and functional requirements from which the development teams can design, build, test and implement new products and offerings.
- Work within a matrix environment to ensure that functional teams are fully aligned to key priorities and opportunities
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience and proven results in software product management
- Experience from international companies/products a plus
- Solid understanding of security software and market; experience with network and cloud security solutions a plus
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong presentation skills, to present both concepts and proposals as well as products and solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively across functions
- Strong international orientation with the ability to relate well to the European and American cultures