Who you are:
A Senior Product Manager who is going to be responsible for establishing the vision, strategy and priorities to drive success for our free IT Tools and Applications product suite including Spiceworks Help Desk, Inventory and Connectivity Dashboard. You are wild about IT Professionals and invested in making their world a better place. You are obsessed with user experience and software design. Are you a product manager with a passion for tech? Would you jump at the chance to delve deeper into IT Tools to understand what is possible and what will soon be possible? Join us at Spiceworks Ziff Davis where you can live that passion every day!
- As a Product Manager you’ll identify, document, prioritize, and communicate the work our engineering teams need to deliver based on quantifiable value to Spiceworks Ziff Davis.
- Be a fearless leader in championing smart design; participate in hands-on implementation of designs
- Contribute to the design and development of product features and backend services
- Work together with engineers on an Agile Scrum team to plan and execute company outcomes
- Help drive the innovation and evolution of Spiceworks Ziff Davis. Evaluate and establish policies and procedures that help Product Team become the best in class.
- Lead the agile team to deliver end-user and platform features
- Evaluate or Establish KPIs for your area of ownership.
- Formulate & own the vision for your area of ownership through competitive intelligence, key business drivers & building on industry knowledge.
- Maintain, update and communicate Roadmap company wide - drive transparency.
- Communicate clearly and effectively on execution plan and its progress to all stakeholders involved.
- Drive cross functional teams to meet committed goals on the roadmap.
- Practice lean startup principles:
- Discover customer/user pain points
- Experiment to eliminate uncertainty (fail fast, fail cheap)
- Define and release your MVP, learn by observing
- Know and measure your funnel and metrics
- Know your growth engine, tune it, and pivot if needed
- Know when it’s time to stop investing and build your next product
- Be familiar with the concepts of SEO, required to design high-reach tools and products
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years product management experience at a software company – IT Tools & Software experience strongly preferred
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in computer science or business (or related field), or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
- Successful experience with executive communication
- Experience building large-scale, distributed, high-volume systems that are well tested and performant
- Experience designing, building, maintaining, testing, and debugging modern technology stacks
- Solving large application/user-level problems, performance, scalability, etc.
- Experience working with cross-functional agile teams
- Understanding of Agile (Scrum), DevOps principles and tooling related to data platforms project
- Good to have experience in Design and develop high availability data-driven advertising solutions
- Working experience with Jira and related tools
- Experience working with large and sensitive data sets
- Strong ability to understand business stakeholder needs and translate to data designs