At HomeAdvisor we create the digital tools and services to help hundreds of millions of homeowners connect with talented service professionals to get work done. We are a dual sided marketplace that nurtures growth of the independent small business and delivers a seamless experience in home improvement. As #1 in the Homeservices category, our tremendous scale is the launchpad to boundless inventions in technology and product!
HomeAdvisor’s product team is responsible for developing and shipping product experiences that create value for our users and deliver on our mission and business objectives to help homeowners find, hire, and seamlessly manage their home projects. We work to build and iterate on a suite of products that are fundamentally changing the way the world buys home services by making it as easy to buy a service online as it is to buy a product.
What you’ll do:
We are seeking a driven, customer-obsessed Senior Product Manager to join our team in Denver. As a Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for developing and executing against a product roadmap. To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be able to iterate quickly on this roadmap based on data & feedback you see from homeowners and small businesses.
- Work closely and collaboratively with your team of engineers, designers, and analysts to innovate and optimize, bringing new products to life for our users on both sides of our marketplace, for homeowners and service pros.
- Conduct data analysis, market research, and user research to incorporate customer needs into product decisions.
- Author product specifications for proposed features and functionality as well as detailed product requirements/user stories.
- Develop and execute against feature release plans, removing roadblocks to ensure forward progress, while exhibiting good judgment in balancing considerations for size of opportunity, scope of development and support costs, risks, and end-user experience.
- Work with engineering teams to estimate work efforts, define milestones and manage resources accordingly.
- Evangelize the product vision and motivate team-members critical to the product’s success
- Measure and report on product adoption and impact, and use data to recommend feature enhancements.
What you’ll need:
- At least 5 years of relevant experience: consumer product development, business analysis, and requirement writing.
- A bias toward action: preferring to work in a fast-paced, Agile environment. Ideally, you also have a track record of working well with designers, developers, testers, marketing, and executives.
- Experience advocating for the user and their needs.
- You have a track record of taking ownership over projects and helping them succeed: you make solid judgments, have good intuition, and reach decisions quickly.
- Ability to manage the savvy balance of independence and collaboration: You don't need to wait to ask for direction but know when slowing down to create buy-in is critical.
- You have a sharp analytical mind: All your decisions are data-driven and supported by the data and research you’ve collected.
- You are comfortable with basic quantitative and qualitative data analysis and reporting on results.
- You strongly prefer working in teams, but you're comfortable working independently when necessary.
- You are self-motivated, with ability to work under minimal supervision.