Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Do you want to own the end-to-end customer experience of world class Analytical Ecosystem products and solutions? Do you want to drive the next generation of products and solutions that provide the foundation to analyze all a business’s data? Do you want to drive faster actions and decisions with better, more relevant insights? Does the prospect of solving the world’s toughest problems with data and analytics excite you?
If yes, the Teradata Offering Management team has your next career opportunity. Teradata is seeking Senior Product Managers for Offering Management of the Analytical Ecosystem.
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes and has been rated the most powerful data management solution by leading industry Analysts. Teradata employees enjoy state-of-the-art facilities that are conducive to a creative and teaming atmosphere.
As a senior product manager for Teradata’s Product Management team, you will help define the offering strategy within market segments, set detailed direction and priorities across functions and help translate market realities into an offering strategy. In addition, this role will help oversee entire offering lifecycle and will be accountable for driving commercial results of assigned offering and solutions.
Interesting Work You’ll Do:
• Define product and solution vision and manage the product backlog
• Develop user requirements for an end-to-end offering and solution
• Do SWOT and market analysis to develop business plan and refine strategy
• Develop market opportunity analysis, contribute to market POV, and monitor market trends to identify growth opportunities
• Define and deliver on innovative offering and solution elements based on customer requirements and market analysis
• Work closely with sales, services and marketing teams to deliver on go-to-market plans and refine marketing messages in an agile delivery environment
• Track progress against success metrics and goals and escalate potential risks or arising issues
• Ensure offering and solutions management activities meet industry-leading standards, processes and controls for product release activities across solution suites
• US Permanent Residence
• Undergraduate degree in computer science, business or related technical field
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• 8+ years of Product Management experience in a software technology business
• Experience as a people leader in a software technology business
• Proven ability to execute over the entire product lifecycle guided by performance metrics
• ‘Outside-in’ viewpoint, fully aware of the competitive set and industry trends, and how to reconcile with company strategy
• Ability to create and own the product vision and manage the product backlog from a practical perspective
• Ability to lead and facilitate project meetings, team coordination, issue resolution, and action item tracking
• Highly desirable:
? Deep understanding of open source data platform technologies and markets to support data integration and analytics tasks at scale: e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Kubernetes
? Deep understanding of relational database technology and market
? Hands on experience with public cloud technology, and a good market understanding
• Familiarity with IoT technologies, use cases and market trends and leading PaaS offerings, e.g. Cloud Foundry and OpenShift
• Ability to analyze competitors, do SWOT analysis, and estimate market potential of feature and product
• Experience in the application development environment (Teradata, Oracle, Vertica), ETL, Hadoop and Big Data Solutions, No SQL and operational knowledge of third party GUI and data transformation tools (COGNOS, Business Objects, MicroStrategy, Informatica and others)