Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes through analytics. With a powerful combination of Industry expertise and leading hybrid cloud technologies for data warehousing and big data analytics, Teradata unleashes the potential of great companies. Partnering with top companies around the world, Teradata helps improve customer experience, mitigate risk, drive product innovation, achieve operational excellence, transform finance, and optimize assets. Teradata is recognized by media and industry analysts as a future-focused company for its technological excellence, sustainability, ethics, and business value.
The Teradata culture isn’t just about one kind of person. So many individuals make up who we are, making us that much more unique. It’s what sets apart the dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment that is Teradata. But even as individuals, there’s one thing that we all share —our united goal of making Teradata and our people the best we can be.
Teradata is an enterprise software company that provides analytic data solutions such as business applications, big data analytics and integrated data warehousing. Our solution offerings include software, hardware, and consulting and support services.
Teradata empowers data-driven companies to achieve competitive advantage and win in their markets by exploiting data for insight and value. With Teradata's industry-leading analytic data solutions and proven consulting experience and expertise, companies can become more competitive by leveraging insights from integrated data to, among other things, increase revenue and profitability, improve effectiveness, drive innovation, enhance customer relationships, improve business processes and reduce costs.
Teradata empowers companies to achieve high-impact business outcomes and has been rated the most powerful data management solution by leading industry Analysts. Teradata employees enjoy state-of-the-art facilities that are conducive to a creative and teaming atmosphere.
Do you want to own the end-to-end customer experience of world class Analytical Ecosystem products and solutions? Do you want to drive the next generation of products and solutions that provide the foundation to analyze all of business’s data? Do you want to drive faster actions and decisions with better, more relevant insights? Does the prospect of solving the world’s toughest problems with data and analytics excite you?
If yes, the Teradata Strategic Offering Management team has your next career opportunity. Teradata is seeking Senior Product Managers for Strategic Offering Management of the Analytical Ecosystem. As a senior product manager for Teradata’s Product Management team, you will help define the offering strategy within market segments, set detailed direction and priorities across functions and help translate market realities into a strategic offering strategy.
- Define product and solution vision and manage the product backlog
• Develop user requirements for an end-to-end offering and solution
• Develop market opportunity analysis, contribute to market POV, and monitor market trends to identify growth opportunities
• Define and deliver on innovative offering and solution elements based on customer requirements and market analysis
• Work closely with sales, services and marketing teams to deliver on go-to-market plans and refine marketing messages in an agile delivery environment
• Track progress against success metrics and goals and escalate potential risks or arising issues
• Ensure offering and solutions management activities meet industry-leading standards, processes and controls for product release activities across solution suites
• Understands User Stories, Definition of Done and Acceptance Criteria and Tests
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and negotiate complex concepts to management, team members as well as non-technical audiences
• Exceptional ability to impact and influence business results where cross group collaboration is required using strong facilitation and consensus building skills
• Excellent written, verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
• Involves a limited amount of travel (<20%)
- US Permanent Residence
- BA/BS in a technically relevant field
- 8 or more years of direct Product Management experience in a software technology business
- Basic understanding of relational database technology and market for on-premise and public cloud
- Proven ability to execute over the entire product lifecycle guided by performance metrics
- ‘Outside-in’ viewpoint, fully aware of the competitive set and industry trends, and how to reconcile with company strategy
- Ability to create and own the product vision and manage the product backlog from a practical perspective
- Proven track record of taking a product from conception & definition phase through engineering design and taking it to market
- Analytical background sufficient for pricing / margin / elasticity analysis
- 12+ years of Product Management experience in a software technology business
- Deep understanding of open source data platform technologies and markets to support data integration and analytics tasks at scale: e.g. Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Kubernetes
- Deep understanding of relational database technology and market
- Hands on experience with public cloud technology, and a good market understanding
- Familiarity with IoT technologies, use cases and market trends and leading PaaS offerings, e.g. Cloud Foundry and OpenShift
- Ability to analyze competitors, perform SWOT analysis, and estimate market potential of feature and product
- Vast experience in the application development environment (Teradata, Oracle, Vertica and related), ETL, Hadoop and Big Data Solutions, No SQL and operational knowledge of third party GUI and data transformation tools (COGNOS, Business Objects, MicroStrategy, Informatica and others)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and ability to navigate a complex and unstructured cross-functional environment
- Profound experience in managing the product life cycle management in AHA
Benefits You’ll Enjoy
Our total compensation approach includes a competitive base salary, 401(k), strong work/family programs, and medical, dental and disability coverage.