Join the entrepreneurial team that is responsible for growing and building new services that keep Alexa customers organized and productive in their daily lives. We believe that voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future.
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, and implementation of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. We're looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate strong product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
We are looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial, and technically adept leader who can work closely with our product development teams, helping them build products and services that customers trust. As a Principal Product Manager, you will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, and implementation of cutting-edge products and services. You are a seasoned technical Product Manager who has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
· Lead the development of the product strategy and vision supported by internal and external analysis
· Define creative, high quality, simple product roadmaps based on team strategy and vision
· Develop detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application
· Manage prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load
· Create buy-in for the product vision across Alexa organization
· Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market
· Bachelor's degree with a technical discipline
· 4+ years of professional experience with 5+ years of consumer facing software product management experience
· 4+ years of experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
· 2+ years experience delivering consumer software products and services.
· 4+ years experience discussing technical concepts to a non-technical audience and managing trade-offs
· Experience in Search roles or have product experience working with in large scale & complex back-end systems.
· MBA or Master's degree
· Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
· Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
· Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
· High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
· Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
· History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.